The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 236 / Power: 22
lugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Vietnam - HCM

You are right, bro SingViet. I've been had... I was just told that the accomodation is like a hostel type, with shared central facilities ... damn... how to have my dose of cable TV and how am I going to bring gals back???

And now, knowing that there are already a lot of Singaporean males flaunting their manhood over there, I sianz already... thought will still be able to pluck some real delicious ones...

btw, just to see if the rest of the allowances are reasonable...
US$120 each for food and phonebills
US$100 for transport

Think should do some negotiating...

Thanks.
Old 26-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light

Bro Lugi, if you don't mind, may i ask what position are u taking up in HCMC? US$120 for food and telephone bill may be just subsidies, but it also means that you must eat normally. No good food for you You may bring your handphone to hcm and buy a top up card. But its not cheap. If you want to call back Singapore, cheapest way is thru' internet phone. That will save you a lot of money. Never use Singtel or M1 auto-roaming here, it will kill you

As for transportation, i will advise you to spend a bit of money to buy an old motorbike. It will save you a lot of money. By the way, new motorbikes are not cheap here, so an old one will do.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugi
You are right, bro SingViet. I've been had... I was just told that the accomodation is like a hostel type, with shared central facilities ... damn... how to have my dose of cable TV and how am I going to bring gals back???

And now, knowing that there are already a lot of Singaporean males flaunting their manhood over there, I sianz already... thought will still be able to pluck some real delicious ones...

btw, just to see if the rest of the allowances are reasonable...
US$120 each for food and phonebills
US$100 for transport

Think should do some negotiating...

Thanks.
Old 27-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Samster

lugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlugi is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingViet
Bro Lugi, if you don't mind, may i ask what position are u taking up in HCMC? US$120 for food and telephone bill may be just subsidies, but it also means that you must eat normally. No good food for you You may bring your handphone to hcm and buy a top up card. But its not cheap. If you want to call back Singapore, cheapest way is thru' internet phone. That will save you a lot of money. Never use Singtel or M1 auto-roaming here, it will kill you

As for transportation, i will advise you to spend a bit of money to buy an old motorbike. It will save you a lot of money. By the way, new motorbikes are not cheap here, so an old one will do.

Hope this helps.
Bro SingViet,

Seriously, I am getting worried, I think I'm being shortchanged by the company.

I am completely in the dark about what type of costs to expect over there. While I'm not expecting to live like a king over there, I expect at least not to worry about the daily necessities.

I'm just employed as a marketing manager for a small SME. How much can I expect to spend on food per day, just for sustenance, not inclusive of entertainment and extras?

Handphone: Mean the normal Nokia mobile phone or those specially for inserting a top up card type?

Transport: Read that motorbike is the best way. But need license?

btw, which district are you in?

Thanks!
Old 27-12-2004, 04:00 AM
Samster

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 234 / Power: 23
BigBoss is a Helpful and Caring SamsterBigBoss is a Helpful and Caring SamsterBigBoss is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Bro SingViet,

I am completely in the dark about what type of costs to expect over there. While I'm not expecting to live like a king over there, I expect at least not to worry about the daily necessities.

I'm just employed as a marketing manager for a small SME. How much can I expect to spend on food per day, just for sustenance, not inclusive of entertainment and extras?

Handphone: Mean the normal Nokia mobile phone or those specially for inserting a top up card type?

Thanks!

Hi ! may i offer some advice. I think the the living allowances u r getting is definitely not enough. over in HCM the standand living is low but the cost of living is not low. food u need at least US$10 a day. i dont think u would like to eat on the streets like the locals.

Handphone u can bring yours over from spore, as long as it is gsm. i brought my hp here, usage no problem. handphone is more expensive in vn. so are the top up cards. i top up 300,000 dong can only last a week.

transport i would go against buying a motorbike. u would have culture shock if u see the number of motobikes on the road and the way they ride. no traffice at all! even crossing the roads takes a lot of courage. taxi is not cheap either its around 12,000 dong for 2 km almost US0.80

girls are aplenty and beautiful. but u got to polish up your vietnamese language. otherwise it will be duck and chicken talk.

hope u enjoy your assignment here. cheers.
Old 27-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8 / Power: 0
smurfy is Cool - loads of Potential

Hi bro, I'm a Malaysian posted here since last month myself. For me the main obstacle is communication, although I'm chinese but I cant speak mandarin or cantonese well so I use English.. it's very frustrating sometimes!

From what I observed, stuff here is definitely not cheap especially those branded ones. When I convert them back to MYR, they cost about 10-20% more in my country so let's not imagine the price when you convert them to SGD As for food, if you choose to go to those fancy restaurants then it will cost more but if you know how to go to those moderate chinese restaurants it's pretty affordable.

I stay near the Airport (Hong Ha) and the apartments there cost about 700-1200+ USD per month with 4-5 rooms. Not sure how much it will cost if you stay near the city though ... ?

Anyway, enjoy your stay in Vietnam. Remember to bring plenty of condoms! Oh and another thing, becareful about bringing girls back to your house. If they get caught after 12am in your house you will be fined 10mil Dongs. So find a permanent live-in gf and register her to stay with you
Old 27-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Samster

SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light

Bro Lugi,

Food wise, a breakfast by the roadside will cost you around 10,000 VND (with coffee) and that is like US$0.70. As for lunch and dinner, it will cost you around US$1.20 each , if you eat by roadside or at normal stalls. I see no reason why we cannot eat by roadside and normal stalls. I feel that its alright for any foreigner to eat by the roadside and normal stalls. In fact, the normal stalls cook better.

With the transport subsidy given by your company, i see no cheaper way to move around freely unless you travel by motorcycle. i spend like 3.5 million VND each month on taxi and that's like US$200 +++ The other way is to move around via motorcycle taxi, but u must know how to bargain.

I do think that your company expect you to live a life that's normal here in Vietnam. By the way, i stay in Binh Thanh District. if you need more information, you can private message me.

Quote:
Bro SingViet,

Thanks!
Old 27-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy
Hi bro, I'm a Malaysian posted here since last month myself. For me the main obstacle is communication, although I'm chinese but I cant speak mandarin or cantonese well so I use English.. it's very frustrating sometimes!

From what I observed, stuff here is definitely not cheap especially those branded ones. When I convert them back to MYR, they cost about 10-20% more in my country so let's not imagine the price when you convert them to SGD As for food, if you choose to go to those fancy restaurants then it will cost more but if you know how to go to those moderate chinese restaurants it's pretty affordable.

I stay near the Airport (Hong Ha) and the apartments there cost about 700-1200+ USD per month with 4-5 rooms. Not sure how much it will cost if you stay near the city though ... ?

Anyway, enjoy your stay in Vietnam. Remember to bring plenty of condoms! Oh and another thing, becareful about bringing girls back to your house. If they get caught after 12am in your house you will be fined 10mil Dongs. So find a permanent live-in gf and register her to stay with you
Thanks bro smurfy.

language wise, definitely a problem, though lucky i can speak english, chinese and cantonese. now learning some bedroom and pick up vietnamese phrases...

since i'm working a six day week, i won't have a lot of time to travel around... so maybe can save on some expenses... especially since transport is the killer now.

apartment wise, i would be content with just a one bedroom apartment, for me and my girl... I'm still unclear as to my actual location posting... I guess could be in D1, 5, 6 , 11 or Binh Thanh .

btw, where are all the happening places located?

I will definitely stock up on condoms. Any wholesalers in Singapore to recommend?
Old 27-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Samster

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
haha, culture shock indeed...

sgd gaining strength... however, crafty company giving us allowances in USD..

btw, on currency, where can i change them to VD? Do I need to convert my SGD to USD in Singapore, then go over to Vietnam to change them to Dong?

Thanks.

U can change SGD to Dong in Viet. If u change SGD to USD then to Dong, u will 'lugi'. USD is widely used in HCMC esp in entertainment. But u still need Dong, to buy things like cig, mineral water, coke ....

One thing in HCMC is they like to round up, as in if your taxi meter shows 85000Dong, n u pay 100000Dong, the taxi driver will act blur n not returning u the change. So sometime small change is useful.
Old 27-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 73 / Power: 23
bengsg deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

you can change USD or SGD to Dong at any gold shop ... the exchange rate might be better ...or there is a shopping centre at district 1 the exchange rate is not bad 2 .... hope this help .......
Old 27-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Samster

Bro Lugi, VND is actually not allowed to circulate outside Vietnam. Even if you can find VND outside Vietnam, their rate will be very low. The rate is around 9580VND to 1 Singapore Dollar. You can easily exchange your Singapore Dollar for VND anywhere in HCM. Its as easy as ABC...

I will want to comment that staying in HCM and coming here for business trip is different. Staying here will gain more local experience and you will get to see more of their culture and lifestyle thru daily contacts.

When are you coming over?

Quote:

btw, on currency, where can i change them to VD? Do I need to convert my SGD to USD in Singapore, then go over to Vietnam to change them to Dong?

Thanks.
Old 27-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 185 / Power: 23
TheHappyMondays is a Helpful and Caring SamsterTheHappyMondays is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingViet
Bro Lugi, VND is actually not allowed to circulate outside Vietnam. Even if you can find VND outside Vietnam, their rate will be very low. The rate is around 9580VND to 1 Singapore Dollar. You can easily exchange your Singapore Dollar for VND anywhere in HCM. Its as easy as ABC...

I will want to comment that staying in HCM and coming here for business trip is different. Staying here will gain more local experience and you will get to see more of their culture and lifestyle thru daily contacts.

When are you coming over?
If you got USDollar to carry along, the better. Last year, when I was there. It is more wildly accepted in vietnum.
Old 27-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Samster

Singapore Dollar is very popular in HCM now. You can exchange Singapore Dollars for VND easily in any part of HCM. Its not advisable to change Singapore Dollars to USD and to VND again, you will lose a lot in exchange rates.

Although many brothers still believe that night spots use USD, but in general, night spots that use USD are generally more expensive and you will lose if they convert USD to VND to foot your bill. After staying here for 2 years, i prefer to use VND in night spots, easy and direct. Brothers that are afraid of bulky VND notes can carry the new 500,000VND notes and you will just need to carry a few notes to night spots will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappyMondays
If you got USDollar to carry along, the better. Last year, when I was there. It is more wildly accepted in vietnum.
Old 27-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Samster

Carry some Singapore Dollars in your wallet. When you reach HCMC Airport, you can change some of your dollars to VND there. But don't change too much at the airport as the exchange rate sucks there. You may change the rest of the Singapore Dollars at other parts of HCMC when you settle down.

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 27-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Samster

Don't worry about banking here. There is HSBC at Dong Khoi Street. With the USD depreciating and expected to depreciate further next year, i think SGD will make a better choice. But remmitance thru HSBC is expensive at US$40 fee. There is another bank that assist foreigners, its a local bank call VietCom Bank. They have branches thru out Vietnam. They also have modern ATMs. But i don't really trust local banks. But take note of currency controls. You can only bank in the amount that is your salary each month or US$3000 with each Immigration form.

As for medication, bring some Po Chai Pills for stomach and some cold tablets. Normal Panadol is available here so don't have to worry.

Quote:
talking about currencies, company has extended option to us on which currencies we would prefer our salary to be in.. (USD, VND, SGD)? Company is paying cash, so where to store all these $$$? Any advise?

Also, I might need to remit back money to my Singapore bank accounts for Giro deductions and all that, so where and how to do it?

One last question, any medicine or jabs needed before flying over?
Old 28-12-2004, 05:28 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 8 / Power: 0
smurfy is Cool - loads of Potential

Yes, better bring some normal sickness medicine over. The clinics here charge USD$100! Freaking expensive

You can exchange your currency in most of the shopping complexes around town, they usually have 1 or 2 money changers in the building. Most of the time you can also exchange to Dong in normal shops or eatery places but the rate will be lower though.

Two high end cheong place will be Catwalk and Royale, not too sure of the charges for rooms and services, should be around 300-600 USD from small to medium size. 300k Dong tips for girl is enough, if bring back usually they quote you 100USD hehehe

Best to go to those normal ktv places where they charge the rooms around 80k-150k Dong per hour or 900k Dong - 100USD for the whole night. 150-200k Dong tips for the girl is enough.

Bro SingViet, any nice ktv spots to recommend me?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1
Closed Thread