The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 17-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21 / Power: 0
SpeedSiao deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddymudpie View Post
Happy Lunar new year to all bros here..

Am not as familiar with Bkk as I am with Chiang Mai, but I presume the bank policies would apply throughout all Thailand.

I opened my bank account middle last year, at K bank, or Kasikorn bank (without a work permit). The only document needed was my passport. Was told thereafter by a local friend that only K bank offers this for foreigners without a resident permit (Note: I haven't authenticated this claim).

For me currently transfering funds has alway been easy through my citi account in Sgp, footing only the currency exchange fees. Am still on the lookout for cheaper alternatives.. cheers!
Yo Bro Muddy

Whats the initial deposit required
So F*** The World And Lets Get High
Old 17-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Samster

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1124 / Power: 17
BlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSiao View Post
Yo Bro Muddy

Whats the initial deposit required
Quote:

Am not as familiar with Bkk as I am with Chiang Mai, but I presume the bank policies would apply throughout all Thailand.

I opened my bank account middle last year, at K bank, or Kasikorn bank (without a work permit). The only document needed was my passport. Was told thereafter by a local friend that only K bank offers this for foreigners without a resident permit (Note: I haven't authenticated this claim).

For me currently transfering funds has alway been easy through my citi account in Sgp, footing only the currency exchange fees. Am still on the lookout for cheaper alternatives.. cheers!
Have two accounts with Bangkok bank and Kasikorn bank and found K Bank with the most flexible policy among the other local banks. You can apply for your saving, atm debit card, internet banking and web shopping card (virtual credit card). Check their website for more info.

KASIKORNBANK
Old 18-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Tookie deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:

Bro, Tks for the great infor
Old 19-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 590 / Power: 16
indianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to all

Thanks to all bros giving their 2 satangs worth of opinions & experiences. Which goes to confirm what I knew all along that it all depends on the bank manager of the branch. I asked a few Thai friends too and they tell me the same unless u cash king and deposit Bht1,000,000. The Bht 1 million is also one of the criteria if you want to start your own Thai registered company. Either cash or a Thai property worth at least that amount + a few hundred thousand bahts in case of course. Getting a work permit & registering a Thai company there are plenty of sites (not SBF) that have on going forum discussions on this.

Thanks also Bro Mudpie & Blue Dragon for the heads up on K Bank... I also did some comparison and found them the most favorable to open an a/c without much hassle. Will check them out my next trip.

PS where is Udon Thani ah? Izzit also 2hr+ from Bangkok too?

How to Get Rid of Irritating Spam Posts?
Go to USER CP --> Choose SETTINGS & OPTIONS --> Edit Ignore List key in nicks of irritating spammers followed by "Okay"
Old 19-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1126 / Power: 23
williamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmagicoil View Post
Thanks to all bros giving their 2 satangs worth of opinions & experiences. Which goes to confirm what I knew all along that it all depends on the bank manager of the branch. I asked a few Thai friends too and they tell me the same unless u cash king and deposit Bht1,000,000. The Bht 1 million is also one of the criteria if you want to start your own Thai registered company. Either cash or a Thai property worth at least that amount + a few hundred thousand bahts in case of course. Getting a work permit & registering a Thai company there are plenty of sites (not SBF) that have on going forum discussions on this.

Thanks also Bro Mudpie & Blue Dragon for the heads up on K Bank... I also did some comparison and found them the most favorable to open an a/c without much hassle. Will check them out my next trip.

PS where is Udon Thani ah? Izzit also 2hr+ from Bangkok too?
Yes, K Bank is the easiest Bank to open a saving account with debit card throw in without question asked. The rest of the other banks insisted to request to see at least a work permit.

For those who had applied for work permit before will know that you need a bank account before you can apply a work permit. Strange! LOL (Amazing Thailand)

Udon Thani is in the Northeast of Thailand and about 6+ hour from Bangkok. It is a province (changwat) after Korn Kaen Changwat.

Welcome to Thailand, bro Norice.
Old 22-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Living in Bangkok!

Hello,

On Friday, February 26, redshirts might cause a riot all over Bangkok, due to Supreme Court's decision regarding Thaksin's assets! Should I cancel my trip to Bangkok to later date? Decision, decision and decision, I don't know what to do!

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 22-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Samster

williamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud of

Hi Bro norice, the court decision on 26th Feb on Thaksin's case in inevitable caused some concern but i truly believe the court decision will likely to make eveybody happy in order to prevent a mayhem like in Songkran 2009.

If you plan to retire in Bangkok, Thailand then it is an opportunity to witness such incident (if any) in person and judge yourself whether you are still plan to retire in Thailand.

If you have make up your mind about retiring in Thailand, then such politic chaos is the normal way of life in Thailand(get accustom to it) and normal people still continue to goes to work, school and companies still functioning.

For precaution, do not goes to the city (surrounding areas of the government house). Also, do not wear red, yellow or blue shirt during that period.

Just my 2 baht worth.

Old 22-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Samster

norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold

Williamangkh,

Thanks for your advice, I already retired and will be moving to Bangkok. My flight lands on Friday, approximately 5:00 p.m.! I hope, I can safely go to Palazzo without any problems.
Let's pray that after the Supreme Court's verdict, evertyone realize that Thaksin must pay taxes like everyone else!

Old 22-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Samster

Trip from airport to Plazzo should be alright...do not worry so much.

As for Thaksin's case, i think it is not about his tax eviction but more of his policies during his term in the office that favour his family businesses.

All biz owners will try ways and means to evict tax, it is part of being in business.

It just that his business was sold to Temasek that make headline due to Singapore being a foreign country and the asset in Shin Corp do have a satellite which is sensitive to Thai people.

As for your retirement in Bangkok, Thailand, i do suggest that you should look into owning a car. Easier for you to take a driving holidays. It is more fun than immerse into the daily routine of clubbing (which you will be bore after doing it too often)

Just my personal view only.

Old 26-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Samster

Hello,

Life sucks, I'm stuck at Taipei Airport for 5 hours due to plane delay and US Custom Agents checking every passengers for amount of monetary funds carrying outside of US.

Good News, attractive girls working at the China Airline's Business Lounge keep on giving me the Jordache ook because I'm handsome and fit! Ha ha ha ha ha ha and I don't have money!

Bangkok, here I come!!!

Old 26-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Samster

indianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to all

Is Taipei still wet and dreary? Was there last week... missed Thailand mak mak! To play safe stock up on your pink shirts. Throw away all red, yellow and dark blue ones!

High court decision or not. Life juz goes on for most Thais. Its either they freeze his money - Reds riot. Or not - Yellows riot. Me guessin the Reds have learnt from last year's Songkran fiasco that blockading junctions won't work in Bangkok where the urban-elite-royalist are. Thats why the Reds are trying for a "million man march" the next few of months.

Life now in Thailand revolves around politics. My tirak's sister's wedding got hijacked into a mini Red shirt rally when the village headman started everyone shouting political slogans. My middle class Thai friends dun like Taksin but grudgingly agree tat he was good for business. There is a rich hi-so Bangkokian, which rumor has it, made a foot mat with a picture of Taksin at his office for people to step on.

We as farangs should juz step back and not get too involved. Accept the fact that this political impasse won't have a solution soon. Life still goes on in Bangkok (and Thailand) juz avoid the places where there is gonna be trouble - you will know where becoz they practically will announce it in the media.

BTW wat iz the "Jordache" look

Go to USER CP --> Choose SETTINGS & OPTIONS --> Edit Ignore List key in nicks of irritating spammers followed by "Okay"
Old 27-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Tookie deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi Bros

I hope anyone here can help me translate this 2 sentence to English.

Many thanks for the help

วันนี้ วันไหน ก็ อโลน เหมือนเคย คนดีดี ที่ไม่โรคจิต หายไปไหนหมดนะนี่นะ

ไม่ได้ว่าคราย แถวนี้ หรือแถวไหนๆนะ ว่าแต่คนโรคจิตเท่าน๊านนน
Old 27-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Samster

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 997 / Power: 20
Bangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to beholdBangkok Master is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post
Hello,

Life sucks, I'm stuck at Taipei Airport for 5 hours due to plane delay and US Custom Agents checking every passengers for amount of monetary funds carrying outside of US.

Good News, attractive girls working at the China Airline's Business Lounge keep on giving me the Jordache ook because I'm handsome and fit! Ha ha ha ha ha ha and I don't have money!

Bangkok, here I come!!!
Good luck to your new adventure in Bangkok, I'm headingo Bangkok on 12th Mar for business maybe if you are free we can catch you for some action!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 138 / Power: 20
thailuck deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guythailuck deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookie View Post
Hi Bros

I hope anyone here can help me translate this 2 sentence to English.

Many thanks for the help

วันนี้ วันไหน ก็ อโลน เหมือนเคย คนดีดี ที่ไม่โรคจิต หายไปไหนหมดนะนี่นะ

ไม่ได้ว่าคราย แถวนี้ หรือแถวไหนๆนะ ว่าแต่คนโรคจิตเท่าน๊านนน
Bro, where do u get this? ger sent to u?

try this Google Translate
وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ وَبَرَزُواْ للّهِ الْوَاحِدِ الْقَهَّارِ يَوْمَ تُبَدَّلُ الأَرْضُ غَيْرَ الأَرْض One day the earth will be changed to a different earth, and so will be the heavens, and (men) will be marshalled forth, before God, the One, the Irresistible
Old 04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Samster

LOL 555+ followed the Goggle translator link and this is wat I got...

Today is the day which was good alone as well not be what bugs missing นะ here นะ.
That c is not a row or rows where your step. But that person as a mental disorder as a น๊า.

Me thinks get a long hair dictionary better

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1