The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 18-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 19
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...class?&cc=4716

Mourinho masterclass? By Phil Ball

I thought the Clasico was a good game, even an interesting game, & I seem 2 hv been engaged in arguments abt it all Sunday. I guess they'll continue until Wed nite, when we get the next instalment in the quartet - namely the small matter of the Copa del Rey @ Valencia's Mestalla stadium.

B4 we look @ the press reaction 2 the 1-1 draw in the Bernabow late on Saturday night, it's worth considering the argument thrown my way on Sunday afternoon by an ex-Spanish football manager in deepest Guernica tat it was a disgrace 2 see Real Madrid playing a crude version of catenaccio, ceding 80% possession 2 the visiting team & relying on a mixture of counter-attack & dead-ball situations.

Add 2 tat the fact tat the visiting team were Barca (a real Madridista, the theory goes, never implies or admits tat the Catalans r superior - it cost Bernd Schuster his job); Madrid's most imaginative player, Mesut Ozil, was on the bench; Pepe was playing as a minesweeper in midfield, patrolling Lionel Messi's movements; Xabi Alonso was pushed up higher than usual, marking Xavi; & Sami Khedira's main job was 2 snuff out Andres Iniesta, it seemed tat Madrid had not really come 2 play football. Disgrace!

The slight problem with the argument is tat they almost won the match. They certainly boosted their psychological preparation with regard 2 the next 3 games, & staunched the flow of defeats they hv suffered against their great rivals. And all tat with 10 men. Disgrace? I don't quite get it. Mourinho tried 2 take on Barca @ their own game in the Camp Nou back in November, & was pilloried 4 the team's impotent showing in a 5-0 defeat. Since then his team has gelled rather well, but nobody has found a solution as 2 how 2 stop Guardiola's side, so why should he be attacked now 4 trying a different approach?

Of course, Barcelona had the ball 4 a scandalous percentage of the game, & there were periods when Madrid didn't touch the ball 4 over 4 mins, but the visitors didn't really worry them in the last 3rd, save the Messi chip & the possible penalty on David Villa. Madrid's rather frantic counter-attacks, launched @ such dizzying speed tat even their own players found it hard 2 cope, did nevertheless bear fruit in terms of chances, & the Barca goal had several wobbly moments in the 1st half.

For the Catalan press, Pepe was a crude monster, the symbol of Madrid's new decadence - allowed 2 get away with murder on Messi & others, whereas fr the capital's perspective, he was wonderfully efficient & kept the Catalan hordes @ bay.

So Ozil came on aft 57 minutes & showed us all how silly Mourinho's strategy had been all along? I find tat rather simplistic. For starters, Barca had 2 re-group when Carles Puyol went off a min later, & Sergio Busquets dropped deeper where he is less effective. It's true tat Ozil's ability 2 hold on2 the ball began 2 worry the visitors, but there was no guarantee tat tis would hv happened in the 1st half. Ozil is not abt barnstorming counter-attack - he's a prober. You do 1 thing or the other. Mourinho decided on a more extreme approach, & if Khedira had hit his late shot anywhere other than @ Valdes' body, Mourinho would now be being hailed as a genius.

I thought Madrid were, in a sense, the better side. They set out their chess pieces with a defensive but nevertheless coherent conviction, fell behind 2 a silly penalty but were then perfectly capable of switching 2 another approach when the context demanded it. Barca just did their usual metronomic stuff, but not as well. I see no point in boasting 80% possession if you only score 1 goal & almost lose the game 2 10 men. Hats off 2 Mourinho. The Copa del Rey final will now be very interesting indeed. Which approach will Madrid adopt? Will Guardiola care? Some1 will ask him on Tuesday evening.

Of course, all tis ignores the fact tat Barca all but sealed the title race on Saturday night, & therefore triumphed in tat sense @ least. Hats off 2 them as well. But hardly any1 has commented on tis, as if it were of secondary importance 2 the nature of the duel itself, & the 3 subsequent games 2 come. Also, as Mourinho said, it would be interesting 2 see the game played 11 versus 11. Strange 2 see Raul Albiol receive a straight red & Dani Alves not even a yellow 4 his foul on Marcelo. You begin 2 see Mourinho's point abt a lack of balance in the criteria applied by referees 2 the 2 teams.

The dark side of all tis is tat in the long term (over the 4 matches) a similar approach by Real Madrid will begin 2 look a tad defeatist. Against every1 else you play 1 way, but against Barca you don't trust yourselves 2 play open football. The Madrid faithful may find the pragmatic approach acceptable on occasions, but may find it hard 2 swallow tat the world's best player of his type, Xabi Alonso, is being employed as a pack hound, Angel Di Maria as an extra full back, & Ozil chews gum on the bench. Jorge Valdano, his face set in stone in the palco, will begin 2 twitch uncontrollably - & dream of early retirement in Patagonia - as his nightmares finally come true.

Last Friday, Mourinho turned up 4 the press conference with Aitor Karanka, his deputy-in-chief, & directed the journalists' questions 2 the ex-Bilbao man, the idea being tat tis would make it impossible 4 any1 2 twist his own words in2 pre-match provocations. The masses of international journalists, gathered 2 hear the words of the wise 1, had most reason 2 be peeved, but nevertheless stayed, whilst the Spanish contingent, a majority fr Madrid, staged a walkout.

On Saturday night, the Portuguese man-o-war, in characteristically stinging form, replied 2 a Marca journalist's question tat he wasn't going 2 talk 2 him (4 displaying a lack of respect 2 Karanka) but tat he would speak 2 his editor-in-chief (Eduardo Inda) - the implication being tat on walking out, the journalists had not been doing their jobs, which was technically correct. Is Mourinho obliged 2 speak, on the terms of his contract? Probably not. La Liga demands tat a representative of the club attend 2 the press, nothing more.

Mourinho is, however, playing a risky game. Others hv tried 2 take on the hounds, & been savaged 2 death in the end. It was also a strange encounter becos up 2 now, the Spanish press in general has benefitted massively fr the Madrid manager's presence, his daily soundbites, his sense of humour & his ability 2 stir every hornets' nest in the country. But it was as if he had decided on open warfare, & so far he is winning. But it might not be 2 wise 2 continue down a path of confrontation. In the past - 4 Toshack, Capello, Schuster, Luxemburgo, Queiroz - it has always ended in tears.

Elsewhere, on some other distant planet, Valencia continued 2 prove their credentials with a 3-0 stroll @ bottom side Almeria, & Sevilla slipped up @ struggling Getafe, 2 complicate their ambitions of catching 4th-placed Villarreal, who can now put further distance betw them if they beat Zaragoza on Monday night. Down in the nether regions, with the relegation cut-off still on 33, 11 sides sleep uneasily, right up 2 Mallorca in 10th place.

There is still plenty of interest in La Liga, & tis week's Copa del Rey final - the 1st betw the big 2 since Barca won 2-0 in 1990 - should be a cracker. Spookily enough, the last time they met was @ the Mestalla, a game tat saw the dying light of the Quinta del Buitre & Madrid's hegemony of the 1980s. It also seems odd tat in almost 90 years of professional cup competitions in Spain, the big 2 hv only met 5 times in the final. Barca hv the edge, 3-2. It would take a brave person, with the exception of Sandro Rosell of course, 2 predict Wednesday's outcome.
Old 18-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Samster

joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...return?cc=4716

Zanetti wants Jose back

Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti has said the club would welcome Jose Mourinho back with open arms amid rumours of a shock return 2 the San Siro.

Mourinho led Inter 2 Serie A, the Champions League & Coppa Italia last season, but they hv struggled in the 2010-11 campaign under Rafael Benitez & Leonardo.

Mourinho has said he will remain @ Real Madrid next season "unless the press sacks" him, but it appears the upcoming Copa del Rey & Champions League clashes with Barca r destined 2 play a major role in the coach's future aft Saturday's 1-1 draw in El Clasico all but ended their hopes of winning the league.

Talk of a return 2 Inter is now rife in the Italian press, with Gazzetta dello Sport having reported tat Mourinho has pre-enrolled his children @ the school they studied in during his time in Italy. The school, in Lugano, is less than an hour fr Inter's Appiano Gentile training camp.

"Leonardo is doing good work & it wouldn't be fair 2 condemn him 4 the recent results," Zanetti said aft tis weekend's 2-0 defeat 2 Parma, but he added: "The doors of Inter r always open 4 Mourinho aft the extraordinary things he achieved with tis club."

Marcello Lippi, who has managed Juventus & Italy across 2 separate spells, believes a return 2 Inter could be a wise decision.

He told RAI: "If Mourinho & Inter still hold 1 another in high esteem, why not? Making a return isn't always a bad idea.

"When I returned 2 manage the national side [having won the 2006 World Cup], tat didn't work out, but b4 tat I'd gone back 2 Juventus, & I won 2 league titles & reached the final of the Champions League."

Mourinho recently praised Inter president Massimo Moratti as "an incredible man who shows the football world wat a president should be".
Old 19-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Samster

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-t...25609-658.html

Iker Casillas: We 1 2 win it all tis season

HE'S 1 of Madrid's modern maestros & arguably the poster boy of Spanish football.

But it isn't jz his chiselled good looks or high-profile relationship with Spanish TV reporter, Sara Carbonero, tat has set tongues wagging all over Spain.

It's the very fact tat Iker Casillas exemplifies the rare breed of successful graduates fr Real Madrid's youth system 2day.

In an exclusive interview with Yahoo! SEA, the 29-year-old goalkeeper is grateful 4 hw the club groomed him 4 life as a professional since he was a boy.

"The truth is tat I received a lot of support when I was a youth @ Real Madrid & I'm thankful 4 those opportunities," he explained.

"I honestly don't think it's true tat Real Madrid do not care abt 'Castilla' (youth team). There r many players who were fr Madrid's youth set-up @ almost every club in the Spanish 1st division & they r doing well. It's jz tat sometimes you need a little luck in football."

Casillas has grown 2 be 1 of the world's greatest goalkeepers. He is also seen as Real's talisman & his 21 years @ the club has seen his buyout clause skyrocket to £128 million.

But while Barcelona's famed "La Masia" academy has produced half of the players on the current squad including Carles Puyol, Andres Iniesta, Xavi & Gerard Pique, Real's youth system has been comparatively quiet.

Apart fr Casillas, only midfielder Esteban Granero has successfully broken in2 the 1st squad. But even he has been overshadowed by the purchase of German WC stars Mesut Özil & Sami Khedira tis season.

Acknowledging Real's well-documented habit of buying star players 2 deliver quick results, Casillas said, "In the future I would like 4 more home-grown players 2 be brought 2 the 1st team, & tis will take time. But I believe it's possible, becos we're a great club with a good youth coach."

Turning 2 matters @ hand tis season, he said the upcoming "clįsicos" against Barcelona r going 2 be huge (tis interview was done b4 Real's 1-1 draw with Barcelona on Sunday morning).

After clashing in the league, Real r again set 2 go head-2-head with their bitter arch-rivals twice in the Champions League & another time in the Spanish Cup final within the next 18 days.

"Barcelona r Barcelona, & everybody knows tat they r a team tat has achieved a lot in football with extraordinary players," he said.

"But we're ready 2 show tat we're serious, becos these games r not jz any games. We 1 2 win the Copa del Ray & Champions League, & I believe tat even the Spanish title is possible now," he explained confidently.

"We owe it 2 our fans, & the people in the city 2 defeat Barcelona & in @ home. Tat's the only thing I'm thinking abt @ tis moment."

Indeed, such is Madrid's obsession with defeating the Catalans tat Jose Mourinho has declared a media "black-out", refusing 2 allow his players 2 speak 2 members of the media abt 'El Clasico' in recent weeks.

But while the mood in Madrid is a mix of anxiety & slight arrogance, Casillas believes tat it's simply a part of the Spanish culture.

"I've played many 'clasicos', & every time it's the same feeling. You know you hv 2 perform your best out there becos it's not an ordinary game. In Spain, everything is more cultural & everybody feels it. Football (intensifies) the rivalry tat was already there," he explained.

After winning both the Confederations Cup & World Cup with Spain in the last 2 years, Casillas is arguably enjoying his greatest run of success.

Off the pitch, things r going swimmingly well 2 -- he is currently dating sexy Spanish TV personality, Sara Carbonero.

The 2 hv been dubbed the "Posh & Becks" of Spain aft an infamous, impromptu post-victory smooch on national TV following Spain's World Cup final win over Holland.

And although he refrained fr speaking abt his personal life in tis interview, Casillas admitted : "I'm very happy (during) these moments & tat's all I 1 2 say."

Similarly, Carbonero, who met him while working @ the Confederations Cup last year, told Spanish magazines tat she was enjoying her "current life" with her beau.

Not 1 2 4get how fortunate he is, Casillas was also recently elected UNICEF goodwill ambassador.

He's been involved in projects promoting poverty reduction, education & health & issues affecting young people in developing countries.

During the recent Japan quake, he also sent out an encouraging message 2 the victims of the ensuing tsunami.

Casillas -- football superstar, role model & UN spokesperson. Life is indeed good.
Old 21-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=313675&cc=4716

Ronaldo heads Real to victory

CR's extra-time header saw Real Madrid edge out fierce rivals Barcelona in the 2nd 'Clasico' in 4 days 2 win the Copa del Rey & seal their 1st piece of silverware under Jose Mourinho.

The 1st 90 minutes had ended goalless, with Madrid on top in the opening period & Barca better aft the break.

But despite the Catalans' superior possession in extra-time, Mourinho's men looked dangerous on the break & aft Ronaldo had angled a low shot just wide, the Portuguese beat Jose Manuel Pinto with a brilliant header following Angel di Maria's pinpoint cross.

Pinto started in goal instead of Victor Valdes, as he had done all the way thru the competition.

Meanwhile, Barca captain Carles Puyol was deemed unfit 2 start following his injury in Saturday night's 1-1 draw @ Madrid in the Primera Division, so Javier Mascherano slotted in alongside Gerard Pique in the centre of defence.

Mourinho restored Mesut Ozil 2 his side aft the Germany playmaker began Saturday's draw on the bench.

In tis, the 2nd of 4 Clasico meetings, with a 2-legged semi-final 2 come in the Champions League starting next week, the Portuguese kept faith with Pepe in a 3-man midfield shield alongside Sami Khedira & Xabi Alonso.

And it worked early on as Madrid pushed back Barcelona, appearing 2 surprise the Catalans with their dynamic start 2 the game.

Ronaldo, playing up front as Mourinho opted 2 leave 3 strikers - Gonzalo Higuain, Karim Benzema & Emmanuel Adebayor - on the bench, came close 2 giving his side the lead aft 12 minutes when he beat Pinto fr close range but saw Mascherano hack the ball off the line.

Madrid full-back Alvaro Arbeloa was lucky 2 get away with a clear stamp on David Villa later in the half as things began 2 turn ugly.

The defender escaped without a caution, but both Pepe & Pedro found their way in2 the referee's book b4 the interval as the 2 teams continued 2 compete close 2 the edge.

But in football terms, Madrid had the edge.

Pinto saved well fr Ronaldo 10 minutes b4 the interval, but the stand-in keeper was badly-positioned just b4 the break & was lucky 2 see Pepe's header rebound off the post.

But Barca began the 2nd half on the front foot, stepping up a gear following a disappointing opening 45 minutes.

Pedro fired just wide, Lionel Messi blasted over the bar & the Argentina 4ward was almost set up by Dani Alves as the Catalans found their rhythm.

And they thought they had gone ahead aft 68 minutes when Villa, who had not scored for 10 games, latched on2 a Messi thru-ball aft the Argentinian had brilliantly beaten 3 Madrid players, & slotted a low shot past Iker Casillas, but the assistant's flag was up & the Spain striker's effort was correctly ruled out.

Nevertheless, Barca were dominant now & tat looked ominous 4 Madrid.

Casillas made 2 fine saves within a minute 2 deny Messi & then Pedro, while the Argentinian was stopped in his tracks as he looked 2 waltz thru the Madrid defence.

But Madrid weathered the storm & the score remained goalless aft 90 mins.

The 1st period of extra-time was dominated by Barca, but the best chance fell 2 Ronaldo, who raced clear down the right flank & charged in2 the area, only 2 drive a low angled shot just wide of the target.

But the Catalans failed 2 heed the warning & 5 mins later, they were behind.

Marcelo played a 1-2 with Di Maria, who then sent a deep, inviting cross in2 the area searching 4 Ronaldo, who rose majestically 2 power home a header @ the far post.

Ronaldo should hv wrapped it up 2 mins b4 the end, but selfishly kept the ball in the area & his shot was eventually blocked.

But Madrid held on 2 seal a famous win & end a spell of almost 3 years without a trophy. The only sour note 4 Mourinho's men was Di Maria's late dismissal aft picking up a 2nd yellow card 4 a foul on Messi.
Old 21-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...spoils?cc=4716

Mourinho plan takes the Copa spoils

Wednesday night @ the Mestalla stadium saw Jose Mourinho cement his status as 1 of the best coaches ever in the game of football. Implementing an unexpected, shockingly rapid transformation in Real Madrid's style of play, the Portuguese manager led his squad 2 victory over arch-rivals Barcelona & 2 their 18th Copa del Rey title, a competition the Merengues hadn't won since 1993.

The 2 Spanish giants had last met in the final of a competition back in 1990, when Barcelona defeated Real Madrid. The rare event of a clįsico in a final match generated remarkable interest in the subdued recent history of Copa del Rey finals. The match was broadcasted 4 a record 140 countries, while touts were offering €2,500 for a tribune seat just mins b4 kick off.

Mourinho, having used his squad's last 2 matches 2 build a rather pragmatic Anti-Barcelona approach, introduced specific adjustments 4 tis final tat resulted in Real Madrid's best 45 minutes against Barcelona since Pep Guardiola 1st sat on the Catalan bench.

Real's tactics rested on the same basis as the Bernabeu's match only 3 days earlier: physical toughness since the initial whistle, & constant long balls 2 take advantage of Barcelona's aerial weakness, as well as 2 obligate the Catalans 2 start their build-up play fr their own goal. 1 of Barcelona's trademark features lies on their high-pace pressure in the rival's own half, forcing quick ball recoveries in attacking positions. Real Madrid kept the ball as far away fr their goal as possible, & thus effectively terminated the link up play by their defenders & midfielders.

However, Mourinho added 2 twists on Wednesday night: Mesut Ozil joined the starting line up replacing Benzema, & the Merengues started 2 press the Blaugrana a good 30 metres closer 2 their goal than they had done in the Bernabeu. With Ozil, Mourinho effectively had 1 more player 2 track down the Barcelona midfielders, especially Sergio Busquets, something tat Karim Benzema hadn't quite delivered on Saturday. Real, looking now far more compact & sharp in their defensive rotations, deactivated Barcelona's connections betw back 4 & midfield, & effectively left Andrés Iniesta, Dani Alves & Pedro, 2 name a few, out of the match 4 most of the 1st half.

Aft 45 mins, Guardiola's team left the pitch looking like a groggy boxer, lucky 2 reach half-time level aft Pepe's powerful header hit the post right b4 the interval. The Barcelona supporters, slightly outnumbering the Madridistas, had spent most of the 1st half quiet, in shock, as their players couldn't dictate the flow of the match & appeared 2 be constantly on their back foot, unable 2 solve Mourinho's tactical riddles.

The 2nd half was an entirely diff matter. Real started 2 pay 4 their initial effort, sat back in their own half & Barcelona suddenly discovered room 2 manoeuvre, especially becos playmaker Iniesta finally took his team's driving seat. Guardiola sent Lionel Messi 2 the right side of the pitch, & suddenly the Catalan supporters were again watching his team enjoying themselves on the perfect Mestalla grass.

At tat point, the main flaws of tis new Real Madrid became apparent; their inability 2 keep possession, 2gether with the endless string of clearances aimed nowhere - surprisingly clapped by their faithful, who would hv thought? - created a huge deal of pressure on Real Madrid's back 4, as Barca rarely left Real Madrid's own half of the pitch.

Once more, Iker Casillas' 3 spectacular saves 2 Pedro, Iniesta & Messi, kept Real Madrid in the match during most of the 2nd half. The Catalans even had 1 goal by Pedro in offside position correctly disallowed - though it was a matter of centimetres. Tat moment left the up-2-then noisy Madridista supporters silent 4 a good 5 mins.

Regulation time ended with an amazing save by Pinto, Barcelona's Copa del Rey goalie, aft a cracker fr Di Maria, & right fr the beginning of the extra time the game seemed 2 lean 2wards Real Madrid. A glorious thru ball by Xabi Alonso saw CR shoot just wide, while Barcelona's build-up efforts appeared less & less dangerous with each passing min. Finally, a 1-touch play betw Di Maria & Marcelo ended in a sweeping cross fr the former, emphatically headed home by Cristiano.

Although Barcelona still had 1 full extra-time period 2 draw, not even Pep's 1st 2 substitutions of the match gave his team the spark they so badly needed, & 1s more a final match ended in an underdog win.

The aforementioned 1990 Copa del Rey final marked the end of an extremely successful Real Madrid generation, as well as the beginning of Johan Cruyff's 'Dream Team' era in Barcelona. It's early 2 predict wat the future holds 4 the 2 biggest Spanish clubs, but it does seem fair 2 say tat the outcome of tis match has clearly had an impact on both team's morale, aft almost 3 seasons of clear domination by Barcelona. Another 2 clįsicos in the next 10 days will bring us closer 2 more accurate conclusions, although 1 fact still remains hard 2 discuss: this stubborn, arrogant former translator knows how 2 win titles.

Mourinho Watch: In just 10 days, the Squad Formerly Known as Real Madrid has become Internazionale de Milan in disguise, courtesy of Don Jose. We know his recipe by heart @ tis point: siege mentality, huge bonding with his players, well-structured game plans & physical power non-stop. Sounds simple, but it works.

Guardiola Watch: Pep stuck 2 his guns & his beliefs, & they led him 2 defeat in tis case. An extra something was required 2 change the flow of the match, & he couldn't find it. His substitutions arrived late, when it had already been blatant 4 some time tat the team needed muscle & creativity. Now it's his turn 2 come up with some variants 4 the Champions League duel.

Mestalla Watch: A stadium on the wane, it possesses tat certain charming atmosphere tat makes you think tat some outdated parts of the building (such as the Media Zone) look enchantingly traditional. Just like San Mamés' case: if possible, any football fan should watch @ least 1 match there b4 they both r finally put 2 rest. 1 has 2 mention the surprising pre-match musical choices: "Que sera, sera" & "Always look on the bright side of life" blasted through the speakers minutes b4 kick off. Hats off.

Fan Watch: If Real Madrid - Barcelona epitomises Spain & our glorious political mess, when it's played on a neutral field our schizophrenia becomes almost comical. Whether it was Shakira or Sara Carbonero, Gerard Pique or CR, the national anthem or the referee, both fan bases disagreed vehemently 4 over 2 hours as only Spaniards do. We wouldn't be the same otherwise.

Ref Watch: Even if Undiano Mallenco's criteria 2 show, & especially not 2 show, yellow cards didn't quite make sense, he was always close 2 action & didn't hv any impact on the final score. Still, not enough 2 justify his current position as Spain's top ref by the Spanish FA.

Man of the Match: Angel Di Maria/ His performance wasn't top class, but he was the perfect example of wat Jose Mourinho 1s out tis team. Di Maria spent 120 minutes running like a madman, put the fear of God himself in2 Daniel Alves, had 2 moments of brilliance tat turned the match 2wards Real Madrid & ended up sent off in the final minute of the match, leaving the pitch exhausted. 1 can see the Argentinean becoming a cult hero 4 the more pragmatic Madridistas.
Old 21-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...riumph?cc=4716

Mourinho revels in first Real triumph

Jose Mourinho spoke of his pride @ winning his 1st trophy with Real Madrid aft CR's extra time header defeated Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final.

Mourinho also took the opportunity 2 answer his critics aft the 1-0 triumph while defender Sergio Ramos said the Madrid players were ready 2 follow their coach "2 the death" such has been his impact @ the club.

Barcelona great Johann Cruyff led recent criticism of Mourinho by claiming he only existed 2 pursue trophies & was not a "football coach".

Speaking aft tis triumph, Mourinho said he would take such words as a compliment. He said: "Winning titles is wining titles, it's always good. Only a few days ago some1 called me a coach who wins titles & not football. Thank you. I like being a coach who wins titles."

Having lost his 1st Clasico 5-0 @ the Nou Camp last year, Mourinho's men earned a draw in their return league clash @ the weekend b4 tis breakthrough victory. Tat is a trend in Real's favour tat Mourinho believes stands them in good stead 4 their upcoming Champions League semi-final tie over 2 legs.

"I m thrilled 2 win the Copa del Rey - it is something special. It's a fantastic triumph against a great team like Barcelona - & we deserved it. We can take them on over 2 games; we hv just done tat. There is no reason we can't beat them in the Champions League becos we hv just drawn once against them & then beaten them. I came here 2 do a job & change the mentality of the club. We hv started 2 do tat & it's satisfying - but it's just the start.''

Right-back Ramos said of his coach: "Mourinho is the captain of our ship & we r with him 2 the death. Wat he is trying 2 instill in us is working wonderfully."

Meanwhile, Zinedine Zidane, the last man 2 score a winning goal 4 Madrid in a cup final - during the 2002 Champions League final - echoed those sentiments.

"This is an important trophy becos it's the 1st trophy in a long time & the club needed it,'' Zidane, now a special advisor @ Madrid, told reporters aft the game. "Now it will give us confidence 4 the games against Barcelona.''

Ronaldo, the matchwinner, said he knew the 1st goal would prove crucial.

"We knew tat whoever scored 1st would win it - & so it proved,'' he said. "Mourinho has given us a winning spirit & tis is a really important trophy 4 us - it was an objective we had 4 tis season & we hv achieved it.''

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola was philosophical in defeat aft losing his 1st final as coach of the Catalan club.

"It's always better 2 win than 2 lose,'' Guardiola said aft the game. "But life is like tat - you can't always win.''

Despite failing 2 beat Madrid in their 2 meetings in the last few days Guardiola is adamant his side can bounce back.

"We will pick ourselves up - of course we will,'' he said. "We r more sad than if we had won, but that's part of the game. These players hv been playing 2gether 4 a long time & we'll bounce back.''

Midfielder Xavi added: "We still hv the best 2 titles 2 play 4.''
Old 22-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...s-boas?cc=4716

Business as usual for Villas-Boas

At 11pm on Sunday nite in the media centre under their Estadio do Dragao, nearly an hour aft champions Porto had beaten Sporting Lisbon, Andre Villas-Boas had the room in the palm of his hand. In tat sense, the Porto coach is easily compared with the man widely regarded as his mentor, Jose Mourinho, but fr there the 2 men made in Porto start 2 diverge. Villas-Boas speaks softly, but with authority.

The 33-year-old has come fr the bottom 2 the top of the Portuguese league in little over a year. He took his 1st job as a head coach with Academica in October 2009 with the modest Coimbra side stuck in last place, & shepherded them 2 a respectable mid-table finish.

2 weeks ago, he led his hometown club 2 a 25th league title @ the home of their arch-rivals Benfica. Yet unlike the man who 1st welcomed him in2 his scouting team @ the Dragao b4 taking him on 2 Chelsea & Internazionale, Villas-Boas is not 1 4 listing his own achievements.

"The numbers aren't important," he told journalists. "It's tat it was a clear victory 4 a team tat wanted 2 win again, tat attacked in a concise & clear way again." His style is 2 push his "incredible" players 2 centre stage, but however much he says the statistics don't matter, the truth is tat it is they tat r beginning 2 carve a distinct path 4 him away fr Mourinho.

Victory over Sporting took Porto onto 77 points, a new record points total in a 16-team league, & saw them match the league record of 15 successive wins racked up by Antonio Oliveira's Porto side in 1996-97. More promise 2 tumble in the weeks 2 come. If Villas-Boas' side remain unbeaten thru the 3 remaining games of the season, they will become only the 2nd team 2 complete a Portuguese league season undefeated, aft Englishman Jimmy Hagan's Benfica in 1972-73. Now in charge of Porto for 50 games in all competitions, Villas-Boas has won 43.

Nevertheless, Porto's hunger against Sporting - a game which mattered relatively little with domestic & continental cup semi-finals with Benfica (again) & Villarreal respectively on the horizon - was striking. Aft a slow start they mauled their opponents, with only the excellent visiting goalkeeper Rui Patricio preventing Porto fr dishing out real punishment. It was in stark contrast 2 Benfica's preparation 4 a similar schedule, with their XI picked 4 the same day's win over Beira-Mar consisting of mainly fringe players: "(Pablo) Aimar & 10 more", as Portuguese sports daily O Jogo described it.

Vilas-Boas is a different animal out in the open. As always, he spent Sunday's match on the very edge of his technical area, as close 2 being on the pitch as he can be, agonising over every play. With the supporters relaxed & enjoying themselves, starting the party deep in2 the 8 mins of added time, he was still pointing out instructions 2 his players.

If the young pretender lacks the brash exterior of Mourinho, he is no less firm. Walter, the Brazilian striker whose goal turned out 2 be the winner against Sporting, spoke aft the game abt a frank appraisal of his progress delivered 2 him by Villas-Boas earlier in the season - in the dressing room, in front of the rest of the squad. "They said that I was left out becos I was going out @ nite, but that's not true," Walter said. "The boss said 2 me: 'If u don't arrive @ the rite weight, u won't play, & u won't be called up (2 the squad).' And I ended up not playing 4 2 months. I've managed 2 lose weight & he's giving me the chance 2 prove myself."

Villas-Boas' effectiveness has not gone unnoticed, & he has been linked with jobs @ Liverpool, Juventus & Roma in the last few weeks alone. Speaking aft Sunday's game, Porto's president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa was indignant. "I don't understand wat people mean when they talk abt keeping the coach," he blinked. "He already said in Russia (b4 the Europa League match versus Spartak) tat he doesn't 1 2 listen 2 other clubs, becos he was born in Porto & he is FC Porto's coach, with a 2-year contract."

Nevertheless, the relatively short length of the tie-up does rather leap out of Pinto da Costa's adamant words. International interest in Villas-Boas' work, which has not gone unnoticed in the Portuguese media, was again clear @ his press conference on Saturday @ the club's Olival training ground. "I don't live obsessing with wat I k achieve in my career; I live in the present", he underlined, but he has never hidden his ambition.

Asked by a documentary team fr BBC World Service, Villas-Boas declared the Premier League "the best league in the world" in his impeccable English. "I don't 1 2 hv a long career," he said. "But 1 tat I k be proud of &, if it takes me 2 England, tat will be a sign tat I know wat I'm doing."

He is likely 2 stay @ least another year, 2 lead Porto in2 his maiden Champions League campaign. Villas-Boas' love 4 his club is evident when he is prompted 2 explain the secret of his success. "It comes fr the talent I hv @ my disposal & fr the culture of the club which has dominated the country's football over the last 30 years."

His 1st break @ Porto was courtesy of Sir Bobby Robson, who invited the teenage Villas-Boas 2 training while in charge in the mid-90s b4 later offering him a job in the club's youth set-up. "He was decisive in the love I feel 4 tis profession," he acknowledged, "& 4 the doors he opened 4 me @ tat age. I owe him." It is in the manner of the dear, departed Englishman, rather than Mourinho, tat Villas-Boas sees his true lineage.

Luķs André de Pina Cabral de Villas-Boas (born 17 October 1977 in Porto) is a Portuguese football manager currently managing FC Porto.
He is regarded as unique in the sense tat he has no football playing experience, becos a coach of a major club with very little head coaching experience, & achieved tis role @ a very young age. He is currently the youngest football manager in the Portuguese league.

Coaching career
Aft starting @ a very young age on several positions in F.C. Porto's observation department under the guidance of then manager Bobby Robson, who hired him becos of his fluent knowledge of English, he achieved his UEFA C coaching licence as a minor @ the age of 17 in Scotland. He then had a short stint as head coach of the British Virgin Islands national football team at the age of 21, b4 he moved onto a career as an assistant under the management of José Mourinho @ Porto. As Mourinho moved clubs 2 Chelsea & Internazionale, Villas-Boas followed suit.

Académica
At the start of the 2009–10 season, he abandoned Mourinho's staff 2 pursue a career as manager, & he soon found a job @ Portuguese Liga's Académica filling a vacancy created by Rogério Gonēalves' resignation in October 2009. At the time of Villas-Boas' appointment, Académica were @ the bottom of the league & still w/o wins, but their luck started 2 change as he introduced a new style, leading them 2 a safe 11th place, 10 points clear fr relegation. In addition 2 tat, Académica also reached the 2009–10 Portuguese League Cup semi-finals, losing against Porto @ Estįdio do Dragćo with a late goal fr Mariano Gonzįlez. His impact @ Académica was immediate, not only becos of solid results, but also becos of the attractive football displayed by the team, which led 2 intense media speculation linking him with the vacant job @ Sporting Clube de Portugal aft the departure of Carlos Carvalhal in the summer of 2010.

Porto
When Jesualdo Ferreira left F.C. Porto, his name was also linked with the job @ Estįdio do Dragćo, & Villas-Boas was finally announced as their new manager on 2 June 2010, hving been presented on 4 June. On 7 August 2010, he won his 1st trophy when Porto beat Benfica 2–0 in the Portuguese Supercup.
On 19 December 2010, Villas-Boas set the club record @ 36 for the most matches across all competitions unbeaten, a record previously held by José Mourinho @ 33 matches. Part of tis streak was completed by the previous coach of FC Porto, Jesualdo Ferreira. On 17 March 2011, FC Porto completed 10 wins in Europe by knocking out CSKA Moscow in the round of 16 of the Europa League. Tis is a record 4 the most wins in Europe in 1 season by a Portuguese club.
On 3 April 2011, Villas-Boas won his 1st Primeira Liga, 5 rounds b4 the end, by defeating S.L. Benfica away @ Estįdio da Luz in Lisbon, becoming the 3rd youngest coach 2 win it, only behind Mihįly Sistka (1938/39) & Juca (1961/62). It is the 2nd time tat F.C.Porto won the Portuguese league by beating its rival @ its home soil, the 1st time being 71 years ago, in the 1939/1940 season when F.C.Porto clinched the title by defeating Benfica @ the Estįdio das Amoreiras. In addition, he equaled the record 4 the most points in 1 Portuguese league season, & the number of consecutive league wins.
Old 24-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -3 / Power: 0
average jOe is under Moderation till he learns how to behave

He is a legend along Brian Clough. The highest compliment.
Old 24-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...e'?cc=4716

Mourinho: Inter reports completely false

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has rejected reports in the Italian press linking him with a return 2 Inter Milan, labelling them "completely false" & pledging 2 remain @ the Bernabeu next season.

Mourinho, 48, won his 1st trophy with Real on Wednesday, as CR's goal gave Los Blancos a 1-0 victory over Barcelona in the final of the Copa del Rey.

The Portuguese boss may hv successfully claimed his 18th piece of silverware in 8 years, but the build up to the final was dominated by speculation in Italy tat Mourinho would be returning 2 his former club tis summer.

Gazzetta dello Sport reported tat Mourinho had pre-enrolled his children @ the school they studied in during his time in Italy. The school, in Lugano, is less than an hour fr Inter's Appiano Gentile training camp.

However, the 'Special 1' insists he is happy @ Real, & is determined 2 win more trophies with the club next season.

"Wat they're saying each day in Italy, tat I will 1s again be coach of Inter next season, is false, completely false," Mourinho said. "I am more & more content & happy @ Real Madrid.

"Normally, my teams r always better the 2nd season than the 1st. Becos of tat, I 1 2 be here next season, with the belief tat Real Madrid will be better."

Mourinho's Real look certain 2 fall short in La Liga with Barcelona looking comfortable @ the top, but the arch rivals meet in the Champions League semi-finals with a place in the Wembley final @ stake.
Old 27-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 554 / Power: 20
CKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to all

Deploying Pepe as the midfield destroyer in the league match against Barca was a masterstroke and he turned out to the man of the match.

In the Kings Cup Final, Barca fielded Javier Mascherano but he ended up as passenger. Pepe played much better and Real had more attacking penetration.

Barca are the masters in keeping the ball and having watched most of their games, they usually end up having more than 70% of the possession. This translates to having 60+ minutes in a full game, which is a heck of a lot. Against weaker opposition they would score loads, but Jose has proved with his Inter team of last season and Real (so far) that the possession must translate into goals. I think he tried to act smart by fighting fire with fire in Real's 1st league game against Barca and kena walloped 5-0. So must stay faithful to the tried and tested method of yielding possession, with fast counter-attacks and making sure that every scoring oppty results in a goal. Barca's way is only through possession and lethal attack. As one reporter said, they have no Plan B.

Over 2 games, my money's on Real of going through to the Champions League Final.
Old 27-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Samster

Jose Mourinho is indeed the special 1.
We shall see whether Pep Guardiola & his men r able 2 turn the tables against real tis time round.

there is bound 2 be some1 tat is smarter than jose, not necessary with the ego of jose's. Andre Villas-Boas of FC Porto could become 1 in the making ...
Old 29-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ca-row?cc=4716

Mourinho resolve stiffened April 29, 2011

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has spoken 4 the 1st time since his attack on Barcelona in the wake of their 2-0 defeat in the Champions League.

Mourinho chose not 2 add 2 his tirade abt the influence tat Barcelona supposedly hv over UEFA & match officials, & instead confirmed tat the situation stiffened his own resolve 2 stay in Madrid.

''2 remain @ Real Madrid makes more sense than ever b4. Now I hv more willingness 2 continue in charge of Real Madrid 4 wat tis means,'' he told a news conference ahead of the club's La Liga match @ home 2 Real Zaragoza on Saturday.

''Tis (Madrid) jersey is white, & white now has more significance. I m in very good shape. My health is perfect & I m working as always."

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against him 4 his post-match press conference, & Mourinho did not stoke the fires further, instead referring 2 the thousands of published images of Pepe's challenge on Daniel Alves tat resulted in his sending-off, which show minimal contact was made.

"I don't 1 2 speak abt the issue 4 a simple reason: a picture is worth more than words," he said. "I hv nothing else 2 say. I hv said wat I wanted.

"Whoever criticises my words, criticises the pictures & must think the photos r photoshopped & the videos r altered - I hv absolutely nothing else left 2 say.''
Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=302162&cc=4716

Zaragoza dent Real title dream

A miserable few days 4 Real Madrid was capped by a shock home defeat 2 lowly Real Zaragoza tat all but ends their already slim hopes of winning the Primera Division title.

3 days aft seeing their Champions League hopes take a massive hit with a 2-0 semi-final 1st leg defeat 2 Barcelona, Madrid can almost bid farewell 2 the league following tis loss.

Angel Lafita was Madrid's tormentor-in-chief, scoring 2 of Zaragoza's goals & winning the penalty tat led 2 Gabi scoring the 3rd.

Madrid had hit back fr 2-0 & 3-1 down with goals fr Sergio Ramos & Karim Benzema but they could not find a 3rd, & they also finished the match with 10 men following Ricardo Carvalho's late sending off.

While the result was bad 4 Madrid, Zaragoza provisionally move 4 points clear of the drop zone with a potentially invaluable victory.

Madrid coach Jose Mourinho made 8 changes 2 the side tat started against Barca & selected the majority of the team tat did so well in thrashing 3rd-placed Valencia 6-3 away fr home last week.

However, Madrid, who led 4-0 @ half-time at the Mestalla, did not find it anywhere as easy 2 break down Zaragoza's massed defence as they had against Valencia, & a 25-yard effort fr Kaka tat went wide was their only serious threat in the opening period.

In contrast, Zaragoza came close 2 breaking the deadlock aft just 6 mins, Ikechukwu Uche seeing his effort parried by Iker Casillas, & the visitors went 1 better than tat just b4 the break when they took the lead.

The goal was 1 tat Casillas will not 1 2 see again as he completely fluffed his attempted clearance aft racing out of his area, allowing Uche 2 feed the ball inside 2 Lafita, who tapped the ball in2 an empty net.

Despite his side's struggles, Mourinho - who had omitted top scorer CR fr his match-day squad - did not make any changes @ the break.

The Portuguese waited just 8 mins of the 2nd half 2 switch things around though, sending on Angel Di Maria & Marcelo 4 youngsters Sergio Canales & Nacho Gonzalez, but b4 either could make an impact Zaragoza went 2-0 ahead.

A quick Zaragoza counter-attack ended with Carvalho bringing down Lafita just inside the area, & fr the resulting penalty Gabi sent Casillas the wrong way.

Tat left Madrid staring @ just a 4th league defeat of the season, but they gave themselves a lifeline when Ramos pulled a goal back in the 62nd minute.

Mesut Ozil, who had come on in place of Esteban Granero, curled over a corner fr the left & Ramos planted a header past visiting goalkeeper Antonio Doblas.

Boosted by tat goal Madrid turned up the pressure on the Zaragoza defence & Benzema saw a header saved by Doblas b4 the Frenchman smashed a shot against the crossbar.

However, the home side's hopes of getting anything out of the match suffered a huge blow in the 77th min when Zaragoza netted a 3rd following a rapid counter-attack.

A Madrid corner was cleared 2 Uche, whose ball in2 the middle found Lafita in acres of space & he beat Casillas when 1-on-1.

Tat was not the end of the scoring though, & Madrid, having gone close thru Benzema & Kaka, made it 3-2 in the 84th minute thru Benzema, who picked up a pass fr Gonzalo Higuain b4 firing in2 the far bottom corner.

The loss of Carvalho 2 a 2nd yellow card soon aft dented Madrid's hopes of an equaliser, but they still continued 2 push forward.

However, despite 6 mins of injury time, they could not find a way thru & they now look set 2 see bitter rivals Barca win the league title 4 3rd successive season.

Mourinho takes blame for defeat

Aft the match, Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho accepted the blame, citing a lack of motivation amongst his players @ the start as the cause 4 their downfall.

"Our opponents hv fought a lot, 4 them the points were practically decisive 4 Primera Division survival. In football the difference in mental preparation is important, when 1 team goes out full of concentration & motivation & the other doesn't, the blame is the coach's, obviously,'' he said.

"The team was basically the same tat played in difficult games in Bilbao & Valencia, where we won easily & by playing well. But 2day the coach hasn't been able 2 sufficiently motivate his players. In the 1st half we didn't play well.

"The 2nd half was completely different, the 2nd half was good but we gifted 3 goals 2 our opponents. They beat us & congratulations 2 them.''

Mourinho also insisted his conscious was "clear'' with regards the team he picked, even though he concedes Zaragoza's relegation rivals will not be happy tat Madrid lost.

Mourinho, who criticised Sporting Gijon earlier tis season 4 playing a supposedly weakened team against Madrid's title rivals Barcelona, said: "I would understand (the other coaches) even though tis team won in Valencia & Bilbao, 2 very difficult stadiums. The team had more than enough quality 2 win.

"I hv a clear conscience & I've not wanted 2 gift anything 2 Zaragoza nor 2 the rest of the teams tat r fighting 4 survival. When we were losing I sent on 1st-choice players who were tired, Mesut Ozil, Angel Di Maria & Marcelo.

"I don't feel tat we've gifted anything 2 Zaragoza but I accept tat coaches of other teams could be very disappointed (with tis result). Madrid hv tried everything possible 2 win & you also hv 2 give credit 2 your opponents.''

Mourinho was also asked abt his decision 2 leave top scorer CR out of his squad 4 2nite's match, which has been viewed by some as a reaction 2 the critical comments the £80million man made abt Madrid's defensive approach 2 Wednesday's Champions League game with Barca.

Mourinho said: "It was my decision becos I had Higuain & Benzema 2 play. They were both motivated & eager 2 play 90 mins. Also, Higuain needs playing time 2 recover his top form. I also had (Emmanuel) Adebayor & Di Maria on the bench, I had options.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/301990?cc=4716

Sociedad surprise Barca with defeat

Barcelona missed the chance 2 move within a point of the Primera Division title as they surprisingly lost 2-1 @ Real Sociedad in the 34th round of matches.

Thiago Alcantara gave Barca the lead late in the 1st half, but late goals fr Diego Ifran & Xabi Prieto - fr the penalty spot - handed the Basques a shock win.

Barcelona had seen fierce rivals Real Madrid surprisingly lose 3-2 @ home 2 Zaragoza in the early match & knew a win in San Sebastian would take them 11 points clear with only 12 points to play 4.

With the Catalans set 2 face Madrid in the teams' Champions League semi-final 2nd leg @ the Nou Camp on Tuesday night, coach Pep Guardiola rang the changes.

Victor Valdes, Dani Alves, David Villa, Sergio Busquets, Carles Puyol & Pedro were all left out of the starting line-up, with the last 2 struggling with knocks aft Wednesday's 1st-leg game.

With left-backs Adriano, Maxwell & Eric Abidal all sidelined as well, Guardiola handed rare starts 2 Andreu Fontas & Martin Montoya in the full-back positions, while Ibrahim Afellay & Jeffren Suarez began in attack.

Perhaps the biggest surprise, however, was the inclusion of Lionel Messi, who had been carrying a knock aft Wednesday's match @ the Santiago Bernabeu.

Messi was involved early on, firing off target aft 4 mins & setting up Afellay 4 a decent chance moments later.

Raul Tamudo, so often a thorn in Barca's side in his time @ Espanyol, missed a good opening @ the other end aft a quarter of an hour.

But Barca looked the more likely & the Catalans took the lead aft half an hour, when Messi miscontrolled Xavi's pass & the ball rolled thru 2 Thiago, who clipped a shot over Real goalkeeper Claudio Bravo & in off the bar.

There were chances 4 both sides aft the break, but Barca looked comfortable enough until Ifran levelled 19 minutes fr time.

The Uruguayan 4ward scooped the ball over Pinto aft a thru-ball fr Antoine Griezmann pierced a hole in the Barca defence.

Gabi Milito then saw a goal disallowed following a free-kick @ the other end, but Real came close again as Xabi Prieto tested Pinto.

A min later, though, Javier Mascherano fouled David Zurutuza in the area & Real had a penalty.

Xabi Prieto hit a weak kick straight down the middle, which Pinto almost saved as he changed direction, but the Andalusian keeper was unable 2 make the save - much 2 his disgust - & Real had a shock lead.

Bravo saved fr Messi & Jeffren also came close late on, but Barca lost 4 only the 2nd time in the league tis season & will hv 2 put their title celebrations on hold 4 now.

With 4 games left, the Catalans still lead Madrid by 8 points.

Real, meanwhile, took a big step 2wards survival as they moved up to 11th place, with a total of 41 points.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...s-call?cc=4716

Karanka to take Madrid press call

Real Madrid assistant coach Aitor Karanka will speak 2 the media on Monday ahead of Tuesday's Champions League semi-final 2nd leg against Barcelona instead of coach Jose Mourinho.
Karanka will answer questions in the pre-match press conference along with Madrid striker Karim Benzema @ the Nou Camp @ 1930 (local time).

Mourinho, who was sent off in the 1st leg as Madrid lost 2-0 @ the Bernabeu, caused a huge controversy with his comments in both press conferences b4 & after last week's match.

Prior 2 the game he hit out @ opposite number Pep Guardiola & then following his side's defeat he implied Barca receive favourable treatment fr referees & claimed the Catalan club had yet 2 win a "clean'' Champions League title under Guardiola.

UEFA subsequently announced various charges against Mourinho, Madrid & Barca following the ill-tempered clash, while Barca also reported Mourinho 2 European football's governing body regarding his comments.

The 5 charges against Madrid r related 2 the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, Pepe's red card, the dismissal of Mourinho & the "inappropriate statement'' given by the Portuguese coach @ the post-match press conference.

Barca, who won the game thanks 2 a pair of Lionel Messi strikes, face just 1 charge aft substitute goalkeeper Jose Pinto was shown a red card during the half-time melee.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...urinho?cc=4716

Hitzfeld hits out at Mourinho

2-time Champions League winner Ottmar Hitzfeld has blasted Jose Mourinho 4 his "boorish" attitude & "shameful" tactics.

Mourinho has come under fire 4 his part in Real Madrid's 2-0 defeat 2 Barcelona last week in the 1st leg of their Champions League semi-final, with the former Chelsea & Inter boss adopting a defensive approach @ the Bernabeu & then making explosive comments 2 the press aft the game.

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against both clubs, but Switzerland boss Hitzfeld suggested the 1st-leg victory 4 Barca was justice 4 the sport aft the way he approached the game.

"Luckily, Mourinho's destructive tactics, aimed solely @ provoking & destroying the opponents' gameplan, did not work," he told German magazine Kicker.

"Such a way of playing does not relate 2 the demands of Real. It's really shameful 4 Real Madrid. It harms the good name & image of tis legendary club.

"I've met him @ UEFA meetings & his behaviour is faithful 2 his image: arrogant, haughty, chewing gum & somewat of a boor. Barca should make him pay on the pitch."

Hitzfeld won the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund in 1997 & Bayern Munich in 2001, & has also won the Bundesliga on 7 occasions as a coach.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1