The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 31-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 92 / Power: 12
MrSoapy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Infos on Chiang Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonteerak2553 View Post
So far, during my first few times to chiang mai, years ago, I never try to hail outside the airport, unlike at swampy, where you always can go at the departure hall and just hail the taxi. 120 to the city is reasonable price.

Transportation everywhere in a third country is a rip off, so unless you are learnt their language. So when you're here if you can speak thai, most probably you won't get ripped off, unless you're a farang, but then again, there's plenty of tuk tuk/songtaew at the street. If the first one doesn't tally with your budget, then wait the next one. If all asking the same for price, most prolly your destination is quite far.

There's buses here. But me myself still doesn't know how to take these busses.

So let me suggest you some ideas, if you doesn't want to get rip off.

Learn thai language, basic one will do. Eg: Pii ja pai talad wararot. Pai mai krub?

Rent a motorsai if you've license, Pii happy man do have rental for motorsai, with insurance included.

Rent a biscycle, some hotels do provide biscycle for 100 bht per day. Generally in chiang mai it's quite easy to navigate. You even can cycle to Doi Suthep.

Lastly rent a car, if you've the budget.

Songtaew or red bus, they only charge 20bht per destination. Unless you alone, and there's no one inside the songtaew, then the driver will ask 20 bht additional, and that's occur occasionally only.
Riding a bicycle for sight seeing within the older city region is still quite OK IMHO and many tourists like to do that. But once you get out to the newer city region, the traffic can be horrible and it's not really that safe. Thai people generally don't even give ways to predestrain crossing even when it's red light. Some drivers just dash thru the red light as if you are transparent.
Old 31-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 188 / Power: 11
Nitwitty is a Helpful and Caring SamsterNitwitty is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Oh, I bought karnkanok at Sansai for 1.8m baht, plus make exterior shelter and flooring total around 2.5m baht. Walao, bro younger than me doing what in CM for a living? I so scared money not enough that's why give myself 2 years to save up before going Chiangmai..
Old 31-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 540 / Power: 15
Nonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSoapy View Post
Thai people generally don't even give ways to predestrain crossing even when it's red light. Some drivers just dash thru the red light as if you are transparent.
Is it? Which country you're from? Singapore?

If thats so, then how you cross the street, since they don't give way even when it's red light?
Old 31-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Samster

Nonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of lightNonteerak2553 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm not a PR in CM. it's not easy for a single guy to get a PR in Thailand as compared to those married guy.
Why you need to get a PR, when you can stay here without giving up your citizenship? I'm from Singapore, and I value my passport as much as I value my life.

Since you know how to google on how to become PR in Thailand, I'm pretty sure you also can google on how to stay Thailand for long period without any special visas.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitwitty View Post
Oh, I bought karnkanok at Sansai for 1.8m baht, plus make exterior shelter and flooring total around 2.5m baht. Walao, bro younger than me doing what in CM for a living? I so scared money not enough that's why give myself 2 years to save up before going Chiangmai..
You bought it? I thought initially you mentioned it's belong to your wife?

I eat sleep and rot at the mountain, occasionally I will come down the city for chilling and partying. Most of the days I see the mountains, the mountain see me.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Samster

Quote:
Is it? Which country you're from? Singapore?

If thats so, then how you cross the street, since they don't give way even when it's red light?
My experience was some drivers just dash thru the red light as if you are transparent. They do this when there's no traffic police around. You will find this sort of drivers anywhere be it in BKK, CM or even Pattaya.

Either you try to beat their timing by taking a risk to dash across or wait longer for the right moment to cross safely. Most of the time you will be tempted to take the risk.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Samster

Quote:
You bought it? I thought initially you mentioned it's belong to your wife?

I eat sleep and rot at the mountain, occasionally I will come down the city for chilling and partying. Most of the days I see the mountains, the mountain see me.
Do you camp in the mountain? Or stay in your gf house at the mountain since you no need to pay rental?
Old 31-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Samster

Quote:
My experience was some drivers just dash thru the red light as if you are transparent. They do this when there's no traffic police around. You will find this sort of drivers anywhere be it in BKK, CM or even Pattaya.

Most of the time you will be tempted to take the risk.

My experience, just cross the road just like you own the road. If you play Thailand long, it's always the case, and here the car drivers are used to such that they will give way. It's normal.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Samster

Quote:
My experience, just cross the road just like you own the road. If you play Thailand long, it's always the case, and here the car drivers are used to such that they will give way. It's normal.
It's not always normal that car drivers will give way if you just cross the road like you own it.

I was nearly knock down by a car in CM when trying to cross the zebra crossing when it's already red light.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Samster

Quote:

I was nearly knock down by a car in CM when trying to cross the zebra crossing when it's already red light.
Well common sense tells you, before you cross look for any incoming vehicles.

This doesn't only happens in CNX but other countries too be it first world or 3rd world country. Even Singapore happened such thing. If you feel unsafe about it, then I suggest you think 10 times before migrate to here.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Samster

Quote:
Why you need to get a PR, when you can stay here without giving up your citizenship? I'm from Singapore, and I value my passport as much as I value my life.

Since you know how to google on how to become PR in Thailand, I'm pretty sure you also can google on how to stay Thailand for long period without any special visas.
Study something there, border runs are some ways but better to do it in a more substantial manner in the long run.
Old 31-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Samster

Quote:
Well common sense tells you, before you cross look for any incoming vehicles.

This doesn't only happens in CNX but other countries too be it first world or 3rd world country. Even Singapore happened such thing. If you feel unsafe about it, then I suggest you think 10 times before migrate to here.
You must been living in the mountain for too long and lost touch.

You 100% sure you yourself can immediately sense a car coming right from behind the blind spot of a bus or lorry when you crossing the red light?
Old 31-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 188 / Power: 11
Nitwitty is a Helpful and Caring SamsterNitwitty is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Of course is I, husband pay for the home but under wife's name becos foreigner cannot own landed property. Bro Nonteerak no need work how to have money survive even in mountain?
Old 31-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Samster

Quote:
Study something there, border runs are some ways but better to do it in a more substantial manner in the long run.
It's all about individual preference. There's always a trick which I doesn't to disclose here.

Quote:
You must been living in the mountain for too long and lost touch.

You 100% sure you yourself can immediately sense a car coming right from behind the blind spot of a bus or lorry when you crossing the red light?
Then I can say you must be pamper in your country till you so complacent about traffics.

And how fast can the car be till you can't sense it?
Old 31-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitwitty View Post
Of course is I, husband pay for the home but under wife's name becos foreigner cannot own landed property. Bro Nonteerak no need work how to have money survive even in mountain?
I got a feeling that this chap who claimed that he is living in the mountain without paying a single cent for rental is a "big cannon fairy 大炮仙"。
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1