View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2414 / Power: 19
escobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMelwood View Post
Actually I dislike this guy comments in TNP...usually nonsense and flip-flop too much...

Paul Mariner makes more sense below...you dun sign a big money player to sit down knowing not first choice 11...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Origi-contract

how any new players coming in to unseat Firmino, Salah and Mane...need backup but not starting 11...so no big name player will seat down to wait...

If somebody cheap comes along am sure Klopp will sign...preferably let Wilson, Brewster, etc hv a go...
Well my own pov is as follows...

If say a Dembele or Sancho...becomes a feasible option for transfer I would like to think we'd make it happen or look to make it happen, it should go without saying. What Klopp should not do is go and buy say a back up left back for £20m who'll sit on the bench as much as Moreno, what is the point? In case Andy Robertson breaks his leg? Nah, that just doesn't cut the mustard for me. Especially when we have versatile players who can play them positions anyway to a standard that won't hurt our game short term.

What I'd like though, is another inside forward at the club but this player has to be at levels of Salah and Mane or at least has the potential to hit them levels, like the 2 players I mentioned or again what is the point? Its just wasting money to buy a £30/40m player on 100k a week wages to sit on the bench for 75% season and probably isn't any better than the likes of Brewster(hopefully he shall make a big impact in 19/20), Origi(who I gather has just signed another contract and hopefully returns to pre Funes Mori injury budding top form), Shaqiri.

We are a different animal in the transfer market now and hopefully we won't be repeating the mistakes of years gone by. The board, management, coaching, recruitment staff are all top notch at this club and now you have the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd scratching their heads how we are so so far ahead of them despite largely having the same resources if not slightly inferior resources over the past 5 years.