View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 11:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
yes same as what i want
take a break, meetup family & friends who i have not meet for 2 years and to get vac
i think its good time to come back for now as the situation in thailand is really dangerous.
let me breakdown for you a little:

1. there is a limit to how many they can test for covid daily. previously thai govt did not ramp up daily testing capacity as there were under the illusion that covid was very managable in thailand. Due to daily limits to testing, more cases spread around as more went undetected. Can see them starting to ramp up testing capacity now, but how far are they behind the daily increase in new infections. We wont know for now.

2. Vaccination. No pfizer / moderna vaccine available in thailand. Even if they have it, you have to pay private sector rate for it.

3. Looks like lockdown is imminent. Pattaya already under lockdown. Will have lack of entertainment anyways.

4. i think this wave will take quite some time to die down due to 2 reasons discouraging self reporting. (a) thai workers under quarantine will not be paid any salary. (b) foreigners residing in thailand, who undergo quarantine (being contact traced or got covid) have to bear the full course of quarantine. Who want to own up being close to someone with covid unless the person is dying?

The bad thing is due to today's announcement by sg govt, you might have to undergo 21 day quarantine in hotel instead of the usual 14. You have to double check this.
Cost for 14 day quarantine = $2000 sgd
Cannot choose hotel. See your luck.
Friend was lucky, he got a 5 star hotel. Though the hotel is a bit old but still considered 5 star.
If you need to return to thailand for work, you may apply for early vaccination to skip the queue. Need to submit proof for application.
Friend applied and got approved. 1st vaccination date is 3 days after his quarantine ends.