View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1226 / Power: 20
YELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud ofYELLOW has much to be proud of
Well said !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatPrayLove View Post
Hi TS,

Just to share my personal story with you.

I got my diploma 10 years ago when I was near to my 30s.
I went through WDA to get my diploma and back then it was with 90% funding from them. I did badly for my O levels and that's why I didn't continue my studies back then. I know WDA still funding for local citizens but it's up to 75% but better than nothing right? With your modelling background, why don't consider going into media, marketing or advertising job? (Just a suggestion)

Honestly, if you yourself look down on your choice of career, your lack of confidence is what really turns ladies off. You can be anything in this world, but once you look on your own job/career, you will never be contented at all. Take for example my fiance, he is in the construction line in his country. But he is never ashamed of it. In fact, it is his dream job to do what he is doing. My point is, firstly, you need to learn what you are good at doing. Secondly, you need to love it and be passionate about it. And lastly, be so good at doing it. First, you need to build up your own confidence in terms of work/ job you choose before anything else. Once you have the confidence, everything else will fall into place. It took me 30 years of my life to finally found what I am damn good at and so passionate about it. And it took me a few years to get to where I am now. Recently, I did the risk and jump into a fairly new but definitely growing company as a entry level. No complains about it. Lower level but I got the same pay. Why? Because I am experienced and has been in this industry for years. Oh, by the way, I got hired based on my experience not my education. It's never too old to learn and never too old to start a totally new career. We are definitely so blessed to have so many opportunities in our country compared to other developed countries.