View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1564 / Power: 20
clean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant futureclean&neat has a brilliant future
Re: Invisible female condom - is it safe?

I have been googling for this. I found out that the reason there is no commercialization of the product and no further news was that no pharmaceutical company was willing to fund the $$$$ to conduct large scale clinical trials. So the research stopped there and it was not commercialized. Apparently selling a product that saves FLs and women in Africa from HIV and STDs is not commercially interesting for the pharmas.

As a result some Chinese companies have mimicked their technology and the Chinese government have approved their sale however it is marketed as a birth control product (block sperm) and not a prophylactic that protects against STDs (block bacteria and viruses).

Thats a shame as I would bought it for use when cheonging even if it cost more than the regular condoms.