View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 11:52 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Bangkok Chiong Scene / Massage / AGoGo / Clubs / Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by osamalee View Post
Any bros here have experience buying property or renting shophouses in BKk?
How to ensure it can be under my name, what kind of taxes i should be aware?
Are foreigners able to rent shophouses legally and operate business? I know of 'territory' issues but thats more of less not my concern at the moment hmmm
From what i know, shophouse u cannot buy but can lease up to 30 yrs.
However, if u wanna operate a business u'll need a local partner of shareholder holding at least 51% ownership. U can never be a majority shareholder unless u investing in new business areas which the thai govt is promoting. Like biotech, IT, etc.
For leasing, u will enjoy the ownership rights same as an owner during the leased term. But liability will also be yours (like min maintenance or safety standards to meet), and u do not have the rights to sell the property because u are not the owner. Owner also do not have the rights to take back or sell the property during that period because it is being leased away.