View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 935 / Power: 19
trademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to beholdtrademark is a splendid one to behold
Re: Bangkok Field Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukthai View Post
There are data plans bundled with call time for usage for a duration of one week available for sale. All service providers have roughly the same package. All available just when u clear immigration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedsteel View Post
My thai friend told me not to buy in airport as they are more expensive than 7-11 . You can buy Dtac (they do have micro sim for iphone) for 49 baht at 7-11 and you use unlimited data for free for the first day . Then u buy from 60 to 500 baht top up card. Remember to tell them u want to use for internet .

One thing pissed off me is it is much faster for me to access to sporepool web site in bbk than in SG . That show how local telco sucks yr mobile broadband money .
Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
All sim come with data and voice. U just need to top when u finish your credit, no need to tell the 7-11 ger or guy, u need a special top for internet.

As mentioned before, when reached BKK, just get a pre paid card from anywhere, you happy with. Some will go MBK to get a special, "beautiful" mobile number.

It can be used for voice and data. When u feel like surfing the net, check email or use IM, then turn on the GPRS or 3G data. Turn off the GPRS or 3G once done. I always use GPRS in Thailand. The speed is reason for me to check email, do IM even in province. I have yet to try their 3G in BKK btw no 3G in most provinces yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonteerak2553 View Post
I felt demoralize when people told me I don't look like a Singaporean.

I thought Sim card in Airport are given out for free, you don't need to purchase them, just take and top up.

I'm using true move, top up 140 BAHT and dial *900*40#. You will have 100MB worth of 3G and 5 hours of true free wifi around the town area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fei_fei45 View Post
i stayed at tenface hotel on my last trip and they gave free sim card as welcome gift.
thanks all for the reply!

guess i'll wait till i reach my hotel to see if got free sim card before buying at 7-11 then.