Thread: Vientiane,Laos
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 114 / Power: 14
freezone deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyfreezone deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Vientiane,Laos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaYen View Post
Summary:

1. Get bikes. The transport (tuk tuk) fares will kill you.

2. Get a tuk tuk the first evening and hit a farm. Remember the way there. If coming from the main tourist area, you would be heading past the bowling alley/swimming center.

3. Pay in kips.

4. Watch where you're staying. We had an actual hotel in the tourist area, felt safer leaving our belongings there. Spent the nights out of town where it's supposedly safer from the people who might be selling you out to the cops .

Good summary.

Just like some clarifications.

1) I assume you meant get a motobike. And what is the going rate for a motobike rental for a day?

2) Going to the farm, will there be a problem with language as I only speak English and not Laos or Thai.

4) Sounds like it maybe dangerous taking a girl back to hotel overnight as scams may exist with girls and cops setting you up for extortion. But I'm guessing its still ok getting one from a farm rather than a FL from a disco or the street.

Also, do the tuk tuk drivers get a commission for bringing you to the farms and you take a girl out--meaning the farm automatically charges you more?

Thanks