Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 69 / Power: 16
finn2046 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Vientiane,Laos

Hi, Bro
it interesting reading your backpacked trip. in total how many days you spend on Laos (Vientiane, Vang Vien and Luang Prabang)
i was there at Vientiane last year Nov. so far been at Vientiane twice. will like to go Vang Vien and Luang Prabang but got no time as these 2 places was quite a distance.
maybe next time can join u along if u dont mind

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto View Post
I backpacked here a few years back, thought would be great to share.

Vientiane, just stay around the tourist area and rent a bike to explore around. Remember to secure a map. You'll be able to visit most of e interesting places on bicycles in a day. At night, u can hang out at bars along e coastline. Most places close by midnight. People drink Beer Lao btw, and it's really nice. The only place I know with action after midnight is Don Chan Palace, young people love to hang out there and they are more receptive to foreigners. Try scoring a local pickup if you can, but watch out for the LBs.

Vang Vien

4 hour bus ride from Vientiane. Just go there and find a hotel and start drinking away. I didn't do tubing though, did trekking. It was a full day trek. U pass by some padi fields and go on to trek an underground cave then upstream to a waterfall. At night it's just drinking yourself silly. Bars close by midnight but again, there is always some place that stays open until 4am. Just follow the crowd when the bars close. Wake up just in time for noon the next day and start drinking again! Pity I didn't do tubing, would like to try if I have the chance again. I wouldn't say find an FL here, u mite as well hook up some young traveller during the day and bang her. Most of them are there for fun anyway.

Luang Prabang,

Holy place, so please don't think too much. Visit the waterfall, temples and enjoy the peacefulness. There's a waterfall to visit and some really nice drinking places. There is one where they built a bamboo structure out into the river for u to drink there. Really nice. Again, pick up fellow travellers if you can. Good luck!