View Single Post
Old 26-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG27 View Post
Im at batam now.....w new berry chick next to me on the bed....lol.
Hehehe...how's that feeling? Good isnt it?

Quote:
Everything was smooth until reach batam center terminal.
Seemed like the queue is long n there appears to be control of ppl into the custom area.
The btm customs abit siao.....but no choice. We are in their territory.
It appears the customs are taking more time to check pp n more officers at the xray station.
Spent like 30 mins to go thru. Immediately went to sindo counter to book my return tics.
Yea,i think it is becos of the recent Jakarta bombing. Security has been stepped up in most tourist area in Indonesia. In my last trip on Jan,even Harbour Bay were long queued. I think as the days draws nearer to CNY,situation will be worse.

Quote:
The recep initially told me 700k total....but later told me only 670k.
Coz sunday rate is 320k for the same room. Great. Honest chap here.
In some Batam hotels,Sundays were considered as weekday. Applies to Kaha too,hehehe...

Quote:
He pass me helmet, i decline....he told got polis check.....
On the way....really got polis....so wear the helmet.
I wont advise bros here using the ojek......cos looks to be dangerous on big roads.
Took about 15 mins n reach liao. He suggested he wait for me while i pray....
But told him i take very long. He can leave.....Then the ojek ask for extra 10k....dunno what crap reason he gave....nabei....give him 40k....
The area really looks out of the way but it is near batam centre.
To be contd.....
Yea,i suggest when taking ojek,better put on helmet and when take taxi if you are taking the vehicle commander seat,better put on seat belt. Lots of police motorbikes and cars on patrol. And they can fine anyone with the smallest offence.

I have this experience before,i took a taxi from Formosa hotel to somewhere,the taxi quoted me 50k from point A to point B,he will ask me if i want to use him to return back to hotel after i reach my destination,i told him "yes" and during the return,he only charge me 40k for the ride back.

Just sharing.

Quote:
The temple is big......and looks peaceful. I like this place.
Not much ppl.....but occasionally there are tour buses.
There is a school nearby...so after school the students will stay here to wait for their parents to fetch them.
The halls are clean as the workers mop frequently. What i like is the one joss stick per urn suggestion. It helps to cut down smoke. All along, my parents told me to use 3 joss sticks.......haha.
Yes,me too..like this place. Did you notice the student's behavior when they past by a room of some particular Buddha/Deity statue? Just outside the room (they didnt step inside) whenever they past by,they will bow down to show respect. I am really impress by this behavior. It has given me the impression that the school has taught the children and students good.

The next time if you are there ,give a go at the vegetarian restaurant there. Cheap and good stuffs,hehehe...

Picture below shows what i wish to say about joss stick burning. And very meaningful too.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info