View Single Post
Old 17-01-2020, 05:16 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 553 / Power: 15
james38 is a name known to alljames38 is a name known to alljames38 is a name known to alljames38 is a name known to alljames38 is a name known to alljames38 is a name known to all
Re: Voice in my head

I totally agree with ZanShen. The husband cannot earn less than the wife. If that is the case, then u must quickly do something to earn more money.

There are lots of way to earn money. Eg, give tuition, drive Grab or taxi after work or Grabfood, buy things from JB to sell at Carousel, distribute flyers, etc... so many ways to earn more money !!!!

QUOTE=ZanShen;19652693]TS don't like that leh. Singapore median wage in 2019 is $4563. You are doing ok. If not ok, half the population are losers too.

Anyway, share with you something. Many years ago, I used to do quite well in the sales industry. Then after I got married, I decided to quit my job and enter into business. Life is not a bed of roses, doing business is tough. For the first few years, my business was either losing money or just managed to break even. My wife was the one paying for most expenditures during that time. Of courses, she had grieved and she entitled that, I do not blame her. She had a high paying job. With a wife earning much more than the husband is no joke. This will make us have low self-esteem. That's why I am able to feel you. There was once she reprimanded me, " you are still so poor after so many years in business"!. This statement really cuts me. There were a few occasions that we quarrelled because of finances issues. She wanted a divorce but we managed to patch things up in the end.

3 years ago, my wife was retrenched. She lost her high paying job and not able to find an equivalent one even until today. Now I am like the sole breadwinner for the family. My business got better and I am earning much more than her now. I guess it's payback time now. I can lift my head high in my family and she respects me more too. Touchwood, If one day, your wife lost her job, she is nothing. So don't be depressed. Look at the bright side. I can tell you that she will not dare to mention the word "divorce" as she is depending on me now.[/QUOTE]