Old 30-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 83 / Power: 9
DageDage deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Indonesia TCSS, Exchange Rate, Favourite Song/Music update

Go-Jek driver has motorcycle stolen while ordering food in Jakarta, still makes delivery

The story of Anton Budi, a Go-Jek driver so dedicated to his work that he finished a food delivery even after his motorcycle was stolen, has captured the admiration and sympathy of Indonesian netizens who have rewarded Budi’s dedication to duty by giving him enough money to buy several new bikes.

Last Wednesday, Anton received a food delivery order in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta. When he left his bike to pick up his order, his parked motorcycle was stolen.

“I panicked, I was dumbfounded and kept thinking what if my customer has to wait. That’s all I could think about,” Anton told Kompas in a story published today.

Determined, Anton contacted a fellow driver friend so that he could deliver the food to his customer Fitro in Sunter, North Jakarta.

“I was relieved when I arrived at my customer’s house. I immediately apologized to him because it took me a long time to deliver his order. I didn’t know I was going to go viral,” Anton said.

Anton later reported his stolen motorcycle to the police, but it has not yet been found.

Fitro, who sympathized with Anton, wrote an open letter addressed to Go-Jek on his Facebook account asking them to reward Anton for his sacrifice.

Fitro wrote that Go-Jek might not be able to help Anton buy a replacement motorcycle, so he started a donation page on the crowdfunding platform Kitabisa instead.

The fundraiser began on May 23 and closed after exceeding 503% of its original IDR19 million (USD1,321) target, with netizens raising over IDR90,6 million (USD 6,300) for Anton.

Anton said he didn’t expect to get help from Fitro and netizens, because he was just doing his job sincerely and to the best of his ability. But he said the generosity of netizens was just the blessing he needed to continue providing for his family.

“In my mind, for now, I just want to provide for my family and give my children the highest level of education,” Anton said.