View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 192 / Power: 19
muddymudpie is a Helpful and Caring Samstermuddymudpie is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Infos on Chiang Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-X View Post
I've only been to Mandalay once during the Songkran period.I and two of my friends kept getting those weird looks from two tables of local hip-hop guys adjacent us,i presume them to be gays i think .Live band was far more superior than those crap thai band in SG of course.Left just after two rounds of beer.The rest of the places muddymudpie described i hope to visit them real soon,thanks bro muddymudpie!

P.S: Songkran in Chiang Mai is the best party in the world!!!

Absolutely agree with Triple X. Local mentality during songkran is to seriously get WET in the day, and get DRUNK in the night! In Chiang Mai, this goes on for the entire week, which is why young locals from everywhere including Bkk come to Chiang Mai during this time. If you're making a trip here for songkran, even though the water festival is practiced throughout Chiang Mai, make sure you reserve at least a day for the Hway kaew road (in front of Central kad suan kaew). This road is closed during the day, and at least 3/4 differnt stages with live performance. Lots of chiobu!!!

Regarding KTVs in Chiang Mai, some are known to overcharge. Rates are normally 200/hr/gal, and 200/hr for room (or 300 with pool table in room). I normally bring own whisky bottle in and purchase their mixers and ice. Ladies would drink from the same bottle too..