View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3029 / Power: 18
sg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond reputesg_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cambodia Phnom Penh Nightlife Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrvana View Post
Sightseeing in Phnom Penh can go to Tuol Sleng museum and Killing fields, abit sad place but good to know more, especially Tuol Sleng museum.

For sightseeing, go walk along the riverside also nice.

Shopping wise, go to Psar Tmey, aka Central Market, alot of scarves, tee shirts and fake jewelry to buy. I bought a fake gold chain and wear to KTV for fun hahaha

The architecture of Central Market is a must see from inside. The outside is a dome but inside really has a cathedral feel, in SG really no such place with such feeling. And around central market are factory outlet shops, remember to drink Khmer sugar cane juice, it taste less sweet than SG and they put some mandarin orange with it.

Russian market is a nice place as well, what I liked there was the wet market. It is 100% similar to how SG's wet market was in the 70s, whole place was indoors, no natural light everyone was using powered lamps.

The shiokest experience in Russian market was to sit around the stalls eating 50 cent food. Freshly cooked Bee tai mak, big cup of fruit juice, for us bigger sized guys please request for 2 portion.

Really quite fun one, anyone interested to go just PM me your contact details, its a damn good experience
Thanks nyrvana bro the information. Can see you are a lanjiao there... . Have taken note all the places you mentioned.

Just tell the taxi driver and he/she should know all these places right?