Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -3 / Power: 0
fantastic8 is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Re: Circumcision: my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
You mean the laser type?
These are 2 separate variables
First - how to remove the skin. Can be with a blade, scissors, laser or electrosurgical device
Second - how to keep the skin edges together while it heals.

One way is to stitch it close. This is called conventional circumcision (CC).
The other way is to use a device like the ShangRing (SR) to keep the skin edges together while it heals.

Most studies comparing healing times for CC and SR conclude that the healing time for CC is shorter than SR. In one Chinese review it was reported as 3 days faster. In an African study it was reported as 5 days faster.

My advice to patients is to give yourself 6 weeks for full healing either way. In fact, there was a report that said patients should avoid sex for 6 to 7 weeks after circumcision regardless of the method. Because although the overlying skin may look healed, the underlying support may not be fully healed. And the wound may re-open if placed under undue stress.

I have done both CC and SR many times before. Honestly the CC wound is a lot easier to manage and is better for Doctors. However, the SR is a much shorter surgery, much less blood loss and the patient can shower immediately after the surgery. Also, most patients prefer the end cosmetic result from the SR.
Thanks Dr Tan. Very clear explanation.

One of my buddy perform shangring few weeks ago, going to 5th week now. He mentioned his wound is not yelowwish color and keep wet on it. He quite often个go toilet to dry it with tissue paper, he told me that if not do that then it will stock to the underwear and later will be very pain when I slightly dry
Is that normal the wound keep wet and let him dry it by tissue every few hours? That is the process?