View Single Post
Old 15-01-2020, 12:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 227 / Power: 8
LoveTrumpsHate is a Helpful and Caring SamsterLoveTrumpsHate is a Helpful and Caring SamsterLoveTrumpsHate is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Voice in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by alea View Post
Dear friends, thanks for your advice and empathy, which I really read carefully through because these are really hard to come by in the real world.

I agree that my wife's and my combined income is already a luxury, and I'm really grateful and contented with it. But the lifestyle that she expects is: she be a stay-at-home-mum and our family must continue to go for overseas trips at least twice a year. Right now we share in the costs of our two overseas trips per year. She feels that she's being "forced" to work all because of me. To her, overseas trips is a non-negotiable because it's her passion in life.

I've told her many times that she should learn to be grateful and not be so negative in life. But she would reply that if she has a loving husband who can provide for her, of course she will not feel negative. So it seems, as always, the blame is on me.

Your relationship obviously need work at. Try to communicate with her and have some frank and honest dialogue. If she starts to listen, then very good. It's 3/4 of the battle won even if she ends up disagreeing with many of your opinions.

"If fighting for women's health care and paid family leave and equal pay is playing the woman card, then deal me in." - HRC