View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2754 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Voice in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfv View Post
Great Post. And you are practicing it in NZ, why not Bali? Panama? ... whatever ...you have the money and mobility . It cannot be for the women, you are in NZ.
There is nothing special about mindfulness that requires travel to some exotic location.

Mindfulness doesn't take you to a special place in your head. What it does is give you the skills to savor the "here and now".

I can meditate while driving with my eyes wide open and alert. I concentrate on the sound of the tyres skimming along the tarmac while the engine hums in unison. At the same time I absorb the road situation around me eg what sort of car is following me and the make and models of the cars up front.

When I stop at traffic lights it used to be a frustrating experience waiting for the lights to change and even more annoying if the lights turned red before I got across the junction. I kept thinking about getting to my destination asap and imagined the various consequences of being late.

Now I just use the time to absorb what is around me by concentrating on the sights and sounds and before I know it the light has turned green.

Driving has become stress stress free thanks to being mindful of my surroundings while driving instead of thinking about the destination.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates