View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

My earlier answer to bro Torres Mok:

Until recently, singaporeans have the idea that those singaporean man that marry vietnamese gals are lowly educated, hold low paying jobs and are those that singaporeans ladies reject. This may be true many years ago. But nowadays, many highly educated singapore man are marrying vietnamese ladies. I know of a few post graduate degree holders who married vietnamese ladies. Many diploma and degree holders are also marrying vietnamese gals. I will not comment too much on singapore gals, but it seems that singapore man are finding it difficult to accept the behaviour of singapore ladies.

very often, i am mistaken to have `purchased' my vietnamese wife when i introduced my wife to them. I have to tell them that i was in saigon doing business when i met my wife. Sometimes i am angry with them, but often, i don't blame them as they do not know vietnam enuff. many singaporeans claimed that they know vietnam very well, but when u ask them some simple questions about vietnam, they cannot even answer. I was chatting with my long lost classmate some days ago. He claimed that he knows vietnam `pretty well' and told me that he has been there a few times already since 2000. So i asked him which part of vietnam he has been to, his answer was ` ehhh... ehhhh... ehhhh..... i think its Ho Chi minh city' Don't blame them, its typical singaporean.