Old 05-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
ornateghost deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Unhappy Weird encounter at Patong

This particular story has nothing to do with cheong at all in Patong (what an irony...)

I just came back from Phuket, having spent my few days there on Kamala and Patong beach. It's european season, and the whole place is just full of shermans, norwageans, danish, austrians, and just about any homo sapien that's at least 6ft tall, blonde and with blue eyes.

It's also boobs season on the beach: these european women walk around bare-breasted. I've not seen ang moh breasts for quite a while now, and it's ... well a little old - there are more elderly mama's than SYT.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had ever encountered "unclean" stuff in Patong? I stayed at the Avantika hotel - a brand new boutique hotel at one end of Patong beach. The strange thing is, I woke up the first night when my bed "jerked" all of a sudden.

Having previously lived in regions prone to earthquakes, I had thought that it was a quake (and it did felt like one!! not your usual kick-the-mattress type of shaking). After I convince myself that it's not a quake and I did not have to run for my life, I considered the possibility of supernatural... yikes!

Anyway, after peering around my room, couldn't find a damn thing, went back to sleep and the rest of the night was peaceful.

The next night, I placed a bottled water by the bedside table. At around the same time, the same "jerk" happened again (WTF...). This time, the bed pushed against the table, and the bottled water fell to the floor.

What did I do? Act blur, put the bottle back up on the table, go back to sleep!

Anyone with similar experience in Phuket to share? It was my first such in Phuket...