View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 04:43 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2414 / Power: 19
escobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Interesting interview by former Liverpool legend Phil Thompson with Klopp just before tonight's big match. Found this bit below enlightening! Looks like Coutinho was not going to turn back, it was nou camp or bust for him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-phil-thompson

Klopp: Okay. Now it's getting serious!

Thommo: What a massive loss. Can I ask you the big burning question, now I'm a Liverpool fan? Why? Why now?

Klopp: We had no chance to use him in the second part of the season. We all tried everything to convince him.

Thommo: You tried for a loan as well, didn't you?

Klopp: I cannot give you the details, but we tried all you can imagine, believe me.

It started in the summer. That was the problem, it was really late. Philippe says, and it's 100 per cent the truth, I really believe that he wouldn't have left Liverpool for any other club in the world.

He was convinced he wanted to go, so in the second half of the season we couldn't have used him. Having a player of his quality and bringing him out there [to play], but his head is already away, and then he plays at 40 percent, gets injured or not, it's a difficult situation for the whole squad.

And so, that was the moment, we went okay, we have to do it. To make the best for us. For sure, he can fulfil his dream, but we are still here and it's a big business with the money.