View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 11:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6188 / Power: 10
Zakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond reputeZakarum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hainan (Haikou and Sanya)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohbuckkong View Post
Fully agree with you on the above.

The selling point of hainan is that one can easily find pretty syt here at a price of 130rmb ST. When in hainan, its always best to ask the motortaxis discreetly to bring you around to sightsee all the happening areas. The best is tell them in advance that for today, you just wish to view only, and pay them well. Try a few motortaxis or taxis.

Theres many cheap hotels and cheap sichuan restaurants here too even in haikou for eg when i was in haikou just about 9 mths ago, i paid 130rmb for an aircon hotel and about 18rmb for a sichuan chilli fish head.

Before one goes to hainan, i think its best to subscribe to ofo, you can subscribe to ofo from singapore and use it in any part of china, ofo , the bicycle sharing services told me through email. Ofo is easily available in any part of hainan and it has many bicycles in haikou. Of course the charges is different between singapore and hainan. Before going to hainan, its best to email ofo for clarifications on usage.

In hainan, they have electric bicycle sharing services too, unfortunately i cant read mandarine and so i could not subscribe. No need worry about bicycle thefts if use this service.

When i was in hainan about 9 months ago. I did not managed to purchase any sim card. I went to almost all the shops (many) that i know of in chionghai and haikou and not even a single shop was willing to sell me any sim card, they all pointed somewhere else. So when in airport if you see any tourist sim card for sale, quickly grab it. When in hainan and all other parts of china, all google services such as whatsapp and google maps, are banned. So its best to download other types of maps for use in hainan or to download the google maps of hainan for offline use.
Thanks for your useful info. Planning a trip there.