View Single Post
Old 18-09-2006, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Wenger: 'Fabregas was absolutely outstanding'

on the victory
"A loss could have been decisive but this win reinforces the belief that we are a very strong side. I would never have thought that our challenge would have been over if we had lost but psychologically it might have been difficult for the players."

on his team's belief
"I can keep telling the players they are great but if the words are not backed up by points, it is bound to have a subconscious effect on the players. I believe they have been very quick to draw their conclusions but equally, I am not stupid enough to think nothing can happen to us. I have seen very good teams suddenly look average when doubt creeps in. Given those circumstances, and the authority with which we played, this has to be my best win over United at Old Trafford and one that sends out the right signals to everyone."

on Arsenal being in transition
"We are not a team in transition. I have never believed that. Yes we are a young team but I have great belief in these players. We are a big club. We are very ambitious and I believe we can win the title this season. To read the papers recently you would think we would be in the Championship next season."

on the penalty

"He said he slid because there was a hole [on the pitch]. Everybody came in at half time and wanted to fight for him and win the game. He takes the penalties well. But the keeper had certainly seen the last penalty of Gilberto, that is why he went to the right."

on Cesc Fabregas
"He was absolutely outstanding. He does not stop from the first to the last minute. His passing is fantastic. He defends, he attacks and in the last five minutes he was still in the box, every time. He was amazing."

on Arsenal's mentality
"Every player did well and I am pleased with the mental strength. But the fact that we were 1-0 [up] nearly and then missed a penalty, basically that is [like being] 1-0 down, so the way we came out in the second half to win the game tells you a lot about the spirit and mental strength of the team."

on explaining his team's slow start
"We were really disturbed after the World Cup. We had lots of players at the World Cup, lots of young ones too. It took them some time to recover. I never really saw the players until this week because of the international schedule. I told the players to be faithful to the way we play. I said it is because we do not win that are being criticised for the way we play. We just want to be better at what we want to do."