View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2Espresso View Post
Hi all the experienced bro, the information on batam is incredibily los and too many post to finish reading all.
I am planning a solo trip to batam maybe 3d2n or 2d1n. May i ask is the SOP there like when you go to the massage joint (or what other joints are there?), you can book the girl to go out with you and spend the night at your hotel? how much does it cost?
When i 1st started in this thread,planning to go Batam during the beginning of 2014,i was told to read from :

https://samsforum.com/showthread.php?t=66580

…I just found out Uncle fishingman has collected all those same advises quoted by many over the years below...lol... :

https://samsforum.com/showpo...ostcount=32854

Today,you only need to read my signature links for all your questions on Batam or you can choose what most others would advise on the above link. I mean "all your questions" in accordance to my understanding of your posting.

The thing about this thread is most time,you rarely get answers for those very basic questions that has been answered countless times before. So you will still need to flip back and read if you wish to get to find some truly useful answers or a complete one (an incomplete answer to a question can be misleading and dangerous). i believe thats how this thread works when most didnt like to spoon-feed one another.

And while saying that many dont like to spoodfeed others,i am sure most of those who are being spood-fed do not like being FED that way or be called a Free-Loader either. Thats if they can easily find what they are looking for or knows how (and where) to find what they need.

My signature links is the solution i can offer for their queries on Batam. And another 3rd alternative solution,..that is to use the SEARCH function in this thread as taught below :

https://samsforum.com/showth...3#post11841493

- An illustration below (if you do not like to read grandfather story,please skip this post) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
...the Monkey God character in it complained for 500 years after being "put down" at the bottom of the Five-finger mountains by Buddha,that HOW is he going to repent when nobody shows him the "right path" to take? "No one teaches me!!" he shouted during his entrapment.
https://samsforum.com/showpo...ostcount=32779

Since day 1 when i come to this thread,i notice a handful did the same wilful things like the Monkey God (or Monkey King) character does at the beginning of the Journey to the West Story who was later punished to be pinned under the five-finger mountains. And even at the point of punishment,the Monkey God shows no remorse,doing the ONLY THING the Great Buddha didnt barred him from doing,thats to allow him his FREEDOM to speak (and express) which he uses most of that to curse and swear for the next 500 years at the bottom of a lonely corner under the five-finger mountains. He has chosen not to look at his own "reflection" becos he couldnt find himself "in any form of wrongdoing". The "Monkey Gods" simply couldnt care less (even when punished).

Today,many of us would walk the errand way of the Monkey God (or Monkey King) before he achieve enlightenment and tends to made up excuses that we are afterall human beings ;and most of us dont exactly have more than 500 years to repent (and learn). This cycle just go on and on and on...and there seems like no solution to it if one keeps giving themselves excuses.

I vividly remembers the Monkey God in the story shouted,"No one teaches me!!". 500 years later,a mortal monk directed by the Guan Yin Goddess walked pass the Five-finger mountain....

And the story continues.

Batam Info notes :

For those who didnt know,there is also a Monkey God Temple in Batam at Sekupang KTM Resort beside the Guan Yin Temple :

The story of the Guan Yin statue and the Monkey God Temple according to a Chinese Taxi driver when i was at KTM resort, was a young merchant from Malaysia was braving thru a very heavy storm on his way to Batam in a ship with its crews. While he was praying for safety during the stormy ride,he had a vision of Guan Yin,the Goddess of Mercy riding in the storm with the Monkey God beside her. When he and his crews finally made it thru the storm and arrive in Batam,he feel very grateful.

Not long after this incident,the young merchant made his buckets of Gold in Sillypore,Malaysia and Batam,and with a heart still being grateful to Goddess of Mercy and the Monkey God,he built a 6 storey tall Goddess of Mercy statue (and temple) and the Monkey God Temple at the KTM resort ,the location is believe to be where he drop off safely during the storm on his way to Batam.

According to what i read from the internet,the Goddess of Mercy is facing Sillypore land and there was a controversy that the statue is built to bless Sillypore. The authority in Indonesia was planning to tear it down due to the controversy but had later call it off.

It a nice peaceful place to visit and even stay for a night,away from the busy city life. Its home to lots of monkeys in that area too,hehehe...

- end of my illustrated story

If you are new to Batam,I can only direct to where you can read less and get more answers (its on my signature links). The rest of the whole physical journey will be entirely up to you. Hope it helps you in some way and may you have a "happy ending" in Batam like the story in the Journey to the West.

Good luck and cheers!

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info